Chapter 5

„It works!" cheered Smokescreen when the machine he tried to make work came to life. „So the scanner is working. What about the ground bridge?" Optimus asked while he was working with Bumblebee at the computers. Arcee cleaned her palms from oil and smiled. „I think it works," she said. „Computers back online!" Raf called from inside a giant computer processor he tried to repair. „Generator too!" Jack called as the entire room lit up with bright yellow-white light. „Who would think this tin can still works?" Smokescreen said amazed.

Arcee put the flash disk she hid into the computer and the computer itself downloaded everything that was there into its processor. „Excellent work everyone," Optimus said proudly to his team. „Now we can plan the rescue of Silence and Ratchet," Arcee said.

„I hope nothing bad happened to them," Smokescreen said. Bulkhead smirked. „What kind of nut brain do you have? Silence is a Wrecker there is nothing that could've happened to him. I am sure he kicked their butts just like he always did." he said himself hoping his own words were true.

 „We just need to get us there and the rest will be fine," Arcee said being optimistic. Optimus tried to find coordinates to the Nemesis until he found a good place where to send a ground bridge and be unseen at the same time. „I will send us directly to Nemesis," he said. His team members nodded. „Rafael, will you take care of the bridge?" Optimus asked looking at the boy. „Sure thing, Optimus." the boy replied happily. „Next station, Nemesis," Smokescreen said.

When they appeared on the Nemesis they split up. Optimus went with Bumblebee and Smokescreen while Arcee and Bulkhead covered them. All of them knew where Decepticons keep their prisoners all of them spent some time in their prison. „Now I wish Wheeljack was here." Smokescreen smiled towards Bulkhead who nodded. „Yeah, he would kill for saving the entire Decepticon race. Especially when Silence is in danger. He has always been very protective about him." he said. *Did you tell him?* Bumblebee asked quietly. „Not yet," Bulkhead replied.

„We're here. Bulkhead and Arcee stay here. Smokescreen, Bumblebee with me." Optimus ordered and left with the two youngest Autobots. Luckily no one was securing the cells so they could search them all over without disturbing them. In the middle cell, they found Ratchet. He was conscious but he was beaten badly around him were some puddles of bright blue Energon. His now dimmed blue optics were pinned to the groud. „Ratchet," Optimus said to get his friend's attention. Ratchet's helm lifted up a little and he looked at Optimus. „Prime?" he said dizzily his vision was blurred. „Yes, it's us. We have to get you out." Optimus said.

The door blew open as Optimus shot its lock. Ratchet covered his optics to prevent them from being hurt by some flying pieces of metal. Optimus rushed in and checked over his friend. „Can you stand?" he asked. Ratchet shook his helm and looked like he was going to pass out. „I will take you out of here," Optimus said and was about to lift him up but Ratchet protested. „You must rescue them," he said. „Who?" Optimus asked if he knew about Silence but Ratchet said ‚them' and that made him confused. „Silence and Wheeljack." Ratchet replied heavily. „Wheeljack?" Optimus asked. What is he doing there? „He was here before us. Megatron took him and Silence away I don't know where." Ratchet explained.

Optimus was thinking for a while. „We will get them both back, Ratchet but now we have to get you out of here," he said sternly. Ratchet was about to protest again but he saw the seriousness in Prime's optics and agreed. Optimus carefully lifted the old medic up and took him out of the cell. „Rafael, send me a bridge," Optimus said into his comm. „On it!" called Raf back. While that Ratchet passed out in Prime's arms. Smokescreen offered himself to help but Optimus refused. „You need to continue and find Silence and Wheeljack," he said. He could see Bulkhead's angry expression but he let him be. He knew he will do his best to not lose his self-control.

When they both disappeared in the ground bridge Arcee took the leadership above her teammates she had always been Optimus' representative in command. „Be ready for anything," Arcee said quietly. All male bots nodded and followed her close behind. „We have to split up." Arcee decided when they got to the crossroads. One way led to the bridge and the second one to the runway. „Bee, Smokescreen to the left. Bulkhead with me." Arcee ordered and with Bulkhead she ran to the bridge while Bumblebee led Smokescreen to the runway.

Smokescreen felt stitching in his spark when he and Bumblebee got to the runway. There was Megatron with an obviously badly injured Silence lying by his feet. „Megatron!" Smokescreen yelled in anger. Megatron gave both young Autobots shocked look but it immiadetly changed into a smirk. Both Autobots aimed their blast canons at the villain. „Don't you dare to shoot!" Megatron warned as he lifted Silence up by his neck cables. Silence's body was completely motionless as he was lifted up by Megatron's massive servo.

*He is using him as a shield.* Bumblebee growled quietly. „Not gonna work, Bucket Head," Smokescreen growled back quietly as well. „What's going on, Autobots? Scared?" Megatron provoked as he held Silence in front of him. „Leave him alone you coward!" Smokescreen yelled powering up his canon. He tried to make Megatron angry he would let go of Silence then. He knew he could do that. Bumblebee noticed his friend's plan and smirked. *Are you afraid of us? Do you need a live shield to cover yourself? I thought you are stronger than that.* he beeped.

Their plan worked Megatron's ego was hurt and that made him extremely angry. As two Autobots planned he let go of Silence causing him to fall on the ground with a loud thud and Megatron attacked two Autobots. Smokescreen and Bumblebee dodged easily his unpremeditated attacks with the sword. Megatron's mind was clouded with rage and that gave two Autobots an advantage. He focused only on Bumblebee so Smokescreen could go check on his brother.