15- "love and happiness"

"What do you want to do, it's my last day here" Mali spoke to me, making me almost immediately sit up from Calum's bed.

The guys had worked a 24 hour shift last night- which made me glad that Mali was here, but yet I missed the boys- but they would be home within two hours.

"Wanna go walk the beach? Maybe play volleyball or something?" I asked her, seeing her nod immediately.

She drove us to a nearby beach as we sang and talked about the random songs that came on through shuffle.

We got out once we parked, doing just as we said.

We walked the beach, played volleyball with a few strangers, walked the board walk, until Mali sighed lightly.

"I have a flight to catch in seven hours and I haven't even started packing, we better go" she exhaled, making me immediately agree.

We went home, and I saw that Luke's car was home, which was the one that they took.

Mali and I made extra sure to be silent and to stay as far away from their bedrooms as possible, because we knew they needed sleep.

I sat with her as she packed, us both talking throughout it

"When will I see you again?" I asked her.

"Probably a Thanksgiving or Christmas, the guys and I always talk to see which holiday we want to fly into Australia for so that we end up there at the same time" she spoke, making me nod.

"But I'm always just one facetime away" she spoke, making me smile immediately.

It was nice to have a girl here.

But it did make me miss my mom.

"I can't wait for you to meet the rest of the family and Luke, Michael and Ashton's family- they're all great" she spoke happily.

"They're going to love you and I'm sure you'll love them" she smiled towards me, which immediately made me put a fake smile onto my face.

"I was actually talking to my mom about you- she's so excited to meet you" she continued, making the water come into my eyes, but I ignored it.

"To say the least" she spoke with a small sigh

"This is certainly the best thing that Calum has ever done" she grinned.

Several hours later- the guys still weren't awake and timing was winding down until Mali had to leave to go catch her flight.

So we resorted to waking Calum up.

The three of us sat in bed with him as he woke up, rubbing his eyes tiredly, not speaking much until he was fully awake.

"I don't want you to go" he spoke, pulling her into a tight hug.

"I don't want to go either" she spoke back.

I felt the lump in my throat.

Why was I so damn emotional today?

I just missed my fucking family.

I watched as they hugged each other, just embracing the moment- holding each other while they could.

So I left them to do that in private- which is what they most likely needed.

I went into my room, sitting on the floor at the end of the bed, controlling my breathing to try and refrain from crying.

I wondered what things would be like if my family would've never got into a wreck

If my baby brother would've been born
If my mom was alive
If my dad was alive.

I would hope that we would've had the same relationship and Calum and his family seems to have

Just happiness

I wanted to feel that

Love and happiness.