13- "its like it never happened"

"So, during your wreck" he spoke after a moment.

I nodded- telling him to continue.

"You were hurt- so you had to go to the hospital, right?" He questioned, and I knew where this was going

"Yes, I had burns" I nodded.

"Why are there no hospital records on your burns, it's like it never happened" he almost whispered, as if needed it to be a secret.

Calum.

"So, my mom wasn't dead on scene- they kept her heart pumping so the baby could stay alive"  she spoke, her eyes staring to her hands.

"So the nurse I was with kept me updated and such, and was asking me the basic insurance information that I should've known, but it was revealed that only me and my mom had insurance"

"So, all the charges of my dads funeral would be placed to my mom, and she would have to pay it out of pocket, but then my mom and the baby passed away during a C-section" she cleared her throat.

"So all of the charges were given to me- and I was told to stretch my moms insurance money along with my own to cover my injuries and the three funerals and shit." She waved her hand.

"So the nurse felt bad and cleared my chart of everything- telling me to use my insurance money to pay for my mom, dad, and baby brother a good funeral, so I did" she spoke, her eyes meeting mine.

An absolutely illegal thing to do

But a risk well taken.

"I still wish I could find that nurse to thank her again"

"Do you remember her name?"

"Her last name was Collins, it was at a random hospital in Tennessee- that's all I remember" she exhaled, her eyes meeting mine.

"Did you ever go to therapy to talk all of the things you saw out with someone?" I asked her.

"No, I was thrown straight into the foster care system, and I just try not to think about it- it's kinda hard to remember exactly what everything looked like- I kept passing out and waking up" she spoke quietly.

"How'd you get out of the car?" I asked her.

"I don't know" she barely spoke

"I just woke up in a mans arms- he was holding his own jacket over my chest and shoulder, he was yelling and I couldn't feel anything but numbness" she spoke.

"Do you have feeling now?" I asked her.

"For the most part" she spoke

"I can't really lift it over my head, and it hurts when it's cold, but I can feel when people touch me and I can move it in small circles" she explained.

"Do you have scarring?" I asked.

"Yes" she spoke much too quickly.

"It's bad- I don't and I haven't shown anyone since I got my last check on the tissue" she spoke

She was so self conscious, I just wanted to hug her and tell her how beautiful she was.

"Scars or not, you're still absolutely beautiful."

I saw her smile

I swore I saw her eyes even water

"I don't know what I did to deserve you"