12- "oddly strange but comfortable"

The next day was relaxed.

I stayed home with her to ensure that she was comfortable and relaxed while she was still healing.

Her and I were currently on the couch, eating popcorn while watching Birdbox

As it ended, she looked to me
"I think it was a little too hyped up on the internet" she mumbled, making me nod in agreement.

Later in the day we both asked each other random questions- learning normal facts about each other.

"What's your biggest fear?" She asked.

"Good one" I commented back, looking to her as she played with a string on the couch pillow.

"I think- losing the people I love" I mumbled, looking back to her.

She nodded
"I pray that no one has to go through that" she barely mumbled out, making me grab her hand, feeling her squeeze mine.

"Do you have questions about that?" She asked, her eyes meeting my own.

"I don't want to-" "it's really okay to ask, people do it all the time" she spoke quietly.

"Who's fault was the car accident?" I asked.

"It was a whole line of people- I think it was sixteen people, just rear ending each other." She spoke.

"How'd it catch fire?"

"Well- we were the unlucky car" she mumbled

"We were pushed into an eighteen wheeler carrying gas- and it all just- went up in flames" she spoke slowly.

"You're so fucking lucky you made it out Payton-" "everyone tells me that" she spoke, adjusting the way she was sitting.

"It just wasn't my time"

"And it still isn't" I spoke back, seeing a dimple show as she gave a small smile.

"Do you have any siblings?" She asked me.

"I have a sister, her name is Mali" I spoke, seeing her eyebrows raise.

"Where's she live?" She asked.

"Mali actually lives in London, but she'll be going to Australia for Christmas- and we'll probably see everyone, everyone's going to love to meet you" I spoke, seeing something in her face I hadn't seen.

"Love to meet me?"

Payton.

I had never had anyone want to take me somewhere to meet people

And now I was being told that people were going to love to meet me

This was totally different and for once

I felt like I had my family back

I felt comfortable with a group of people

It was an oddly strange but such a comforting feeling