Chapter Seven: Family Holiday

Dude, You're A Girl!

Chapter Seven: Family Holiday

(copyright)

I felt better after I'd emailed Old Joe. It took up an hour and by the time I got back to my room and showered again. It was near six. I took a while in the shower. Thinking about these past couple of days and trying to suss out Alex. Maybe I just got the wrong impression of him, or maybe all the emails he sent me were all lies but, he seemed like such a nice person from them!

Eventually, after I got out and put on a tracksuit and my new pink converse, I walked to the games room again and watched television. I was still upset about my dream and yesterday's kiss but nothing that a good old Disney movie couldn't cure!

I watched Disney for three hours before I heard voices coming down the hallway. I looked at the door and Lia appeared smiling.

"I thought I heard someone down here, How are you feeling?" She asked, gingerly taking a seat beside me on the couch.

"Alright, I suppose. I had a bad dream," I replied. What if she knows what happened in the closet? What if she doesn't and wants to know? I was having a mental meltdown but Lia was still speaking to me so I tuned back in.

". . . so do you still want to?" She had a hopeful look on her face. I had missed everything she said.  What'll I do? Decisions, decisions.

I nodded my head slightly, trying a smile out on my face. It didn't really fit properly, "I guess," I whispered, still having no clue what I was agreeing to.

"FANTASTIC!" Lia squealed, "It'll be great, I promise!" She got up and was moving to the door, "We will be leaving in an hour so pack quickly!"

Pack? Wait, what? Now, would have been a good time to ask but I didn't want her to think I didn't listen to a word she said! "How many days again?"

"Three nights."

"What sort of clothes?" I asked trying not to sound like I didn't listen to a word she said.

"Andy, I need to go help with the car and pack. You decide that yourself!" Lia said before running off.

I sighed,  turned off the television and walked back to my room. I pulled out a large suitcase I found at the bottom of the wardrobe and started packing a variety of clothing; jumpers, t-shirts, tank tops, underwear, socks, shorts, jeans, dresses, skirts, runners, sandals, heels.

After I had finished packing away practically all of my wardrobe, I took out a rucksack Maurice had given me. I put some toiletries, a book, pyjamas and some makeup into it and then headed downstairs.

Lia was at the door waiting, she looked like a child on a sugar rush. She squealed with excitement, "Yay, come on, Andy!"

I smiled, "Coming!" I just wish I knew where.