Chapter Twelve: Love Pending

Dude, You're A Girl!

Chapter Twelve: Love Pending

The rest of June flew by, we all hung out and lazed around finishing off the vending machine game. Alex was being relatively nice to me and so was everyone else. After the party, Gary never tried any of his shameless flirting with me and Milo was holding off on calling me princess. It was all rather bizarre but I didn't think to question them about it. Maybe they just weren't interested in me anymore, I wasn't much to look at or fun to be around so I don't really blame them. The novelty of a British girl had eventually wore off.

That was until Ryan returned. The handsome, mysterious one. He sauntered into the Hannon household one morning as if he hadn't even left for a month without calling. I was lying on the couch in my tracksuit, ready to go for a run when he appeared.

"Ahh, Andy, isn't it? What have you been doing for the past month? I hope you haven't been playing with people's hearts!" He smirked and sat down at my feet. Why was he even talking to me?

I sat up and stared at him, "What do you mean, Ryan?" I asked, genuinely confused.

"You know exactly what I mean," He said darkly, "princess," he spat at me.

I jumped up off the couch, he didn't like me obviously, "I don't know what you're talking about. All I've done was stay here for a month. You weren't even here. . . I think I should go now," I made excuses. It wasn't fair for him to come in here and judge me, it was odd.

I opened the front door a gust of warm wind engulfed me as I stared out at the front garden. I had began to go running after the party. There were loads of really nice trails in the forests around the Hannon estate and back garden. It was nice to let off steam, a way to cope with my messed up life. I took the same route every morning. Ten minutes into the run this morning and I noticed I was nearly finished.

"Damn," I muttered. I was so wrapped up in my stupid thoughts that I hadn't noticed that I was sprinting. I decided to take another path, the one less worn down. It was a lot different to the other trail. The way the trees were taller yet there were fewer and the way the path began to get wider and wider. After five minutes I found myself outside a small wooden shack. It looked no bigger than my old house at home. Small in comparison to the Hannon estate. It looked relatively new, like a child's club house or something. I tentatively took a few steps forwards I was about to step onto the porch when I heard someone call my name.

"Andy?"

I couldn't let anybody see this. I didn't know who owned it but it wasn't built to be found and even I knew that so I ran towards the voice as fast as I could, cutting around the paths. I was running so fast I nearly knocked down Lia.

"Sorry!" I apologised as I helped her steady herself.

"Woah, you're like the road-runner in 'Looney tunes'!" Lia laughed, I gave a short laugh at her pathetic joke, "Anyway, I came to tell you that there is an emergency meeting in the games room in fifteen minutes. Just enough time for you to shower. You better hurry!" Lia grabbed my hand and pulled me the rest of the way back to the house. She wasn't very gentle either, so I got a few branches in my face and tangled into my hair.