Chapter Eleven: A Cinder-hell-a Fairytale

*important! read a/n at the end!*

Dude, You're A Girl!

Chapter Eleven: A Cinder-hell-a Fairytale

(copyright!) please note there is now a copyright statement on the first page!

I've always been a clumsy person. I can't even count the times I've tripped over an invisible wire. I think that there might be an evil spirit out to get me or maybe I'm just an unlucky person. So when Becky produced a gorgeous pair of sparkly stilettos I almost fainted, I couldn't wear them. First I'd break my neck and second I would break the shoes!

"Come on, Drea. It completes the look!" Becky persuaded. She also found a new nickname for me. Drea, has a ring to it, don't you think?

"You don't understand. I will end up falling down the stairs," I sighed, "Unless you want me to die?"

Becky laughed, "Of course not. You're my new buddy. At least fit them on, for the laugh?"

Groaning, I snatched the pair of shoes from Becky and slid them on my feet easily. I stood up slowly, holding onto the desk beside me. I wobbled a little bit, "See. It's hopeless. Why can't I wear normal flats? The shoes don't matter they can't even be seen from  under my dress!"

Becky considered this for a moment, "Where are your flats kept?"

"Left hand corner of my wardrobe," I said as I watched Becky stride over, gracefully, to my wardrobe and open it. She looked through all my shoes before coming to a shoebox at the back of the closet. I gasped in horror.

Everything seemed to go in slow motion from that moment onwards. I ran, slowly, over to where Becky was kneeling on the ground, still in the stilettos. All I could think about was getting the box away from Becky. I just had to.

Becky opened the box carefully, she reached in and lifted the contents out, a photo album. She was about to open it when I cried out, "No, please don't!"

Becky looked a little shocked. Maybe it was because I had successfully made it across the room in extra high stilettos or maybe it was that I didn't want her to look through my photo album.

"What's wrong, Andrea? Why won't you let me see your pictures?" Becky asked quietly.

"I don't want to talk about it," I whispered before grabbing the box out of her hands and safely putting it back where it belongs. It was my photo album of all the pictures I could find with my dad. Every single photo. And right now, I just can't deal with looking at it. I haven't looked at it in two years. I didn't want to release them memories yet, I wasn't ready.

"Okay, Andy. Do you still want flats because you seem perfectly able to walk in them shoes?" Becky carefully asked, probably hoping I wouldn't burst into tears or something like that.

I was about to answer her when Lia bounded through the door smiling, "Hey Cindy! Do you like the dress? Hmm. . . Maurice was right about the colour blue on you. It suits, right Becks?" Lia didn't really wait for anyone to answer before pulling me out of my room, "Bye and Thanks Becks! You can come to the party if you want. Latina and them are already downstairs partying!"