Chapter Sixteen: Life's a RollerCoaster!

Dude You're A Girl!

Chapter Sixteen: Life's a Rollercoaster!

Clean. All I could smell was cleanliness. I tenderly opened my eyes and I realised why, I was in a hospital bed. What was I doing here? There was a drip attached to my hand and I was all alone in my own private hospital room. How was I going to pay for this? I sat up in the bed, I needed to leave. Just as I was about to call for help a nurse walked in and gasped in surprise, she didn't expect me to be awake.

"Good morning, Andrea. We weren't expecting you to be awake for another hours! How are you feeling?" she moved quickly throughout my room, reading my files and filling details in.

"I'm fine, when can I leave?"

She laughed, "Don't worry you won't be in here too long, nothing serious! We only kept you over night to monitor you because after you fainted you hit your head."

Fainted? Then I remembered everything, the pain came rushing back. I wish I could've forgotten for just a little bit longer. My head pounded and I was groggy, did I get medicine to put me asleep? The nurse was just about to open the door, "Sorry but why weren't you expecting me to be awake?"

She looked a little flustered with my question, "I don't think you need to know the details, but to give you some peace of mind... you just had some trouble falling asleep yourself - a bad dream, I think. Everything's fine, don't worry, you will be out of here by tonight. For now, rest up," She smiled reassuringly and shut the door softly.

I sighed, she didn't help. I couldn't remember anything after I fainted, maybe it's for the best. I lay down on my bed again. Nothing to do, nothing to take my mind off of the ache in my chest. Nothing to distract me from Alex. Yesterday was perfect, one of my most favourite memories, I just had to ruin it by forcing Lia to bring me to the pier. So many 'whys' and 'what ifs' float around my head, why didn't Lia just tell me the truth? Why didn't I listen to her obvious warnings? But the truth was, I knew the answers. Lia didn't want to upset me and I was too nosey and trying to delay the trip home.

The door creaked open and a pretty brunette stood there smiling. Lia. She rushed over and enveloped my weak body into a hug. She was shaking and still wearing the same floral jeans and white crop top from yesterday and smelled faintly like sweat and exercise. She didn't leave the hospital.

"Oh Andy, you have no idea how worried I've been! It's just been awful but I'm so glad that you're okay. The doctor said you should be home by tonight! Isn't that great?" Lia smiled at me, tears of joy streaming down her delicate face.

Home. Not my home, Lia's. As much as I love the Hannon household, it will never feel like home to me, at least not anymore. "That's great! Have you gone home yet?"

"Of course not! We've been waiting here all night. I slept there to keep you company," she pointed to the leather armchair in the corner of the room. She's done so much for me, suffering two nights of practically no sleep and still more concerned about me than herself, Lia is such a thoughtful person and it makes my heart swell with love for her.

"Thank you so much, Lia. But can you do me one last favour?" She nodded eagerly, "Please. Go home and have a bath, relax! You've been so kind these past few days, I know you're tired and I want you to be fully rested for when I get out of here!"