OUR REAL LOVE (THE LAST STEP p.1.2)

CONTINUATION OF ORL LAST STEP p.1.1

ALBERT MARTINEZ

"What did you just say?"

My legal team couldn't even meet my eyes. This is exactly what my ungrateful son wants me to see right now. My people to look away from me, to look hopeless, and to feel the fear of being in the same room with me. Nakakatawa dahil hindi pa talaga niya alam pa'no tumakbo ang mundo. He's still so naïve despite his full experience managing our estates.

Tingin niya ba matatakot ako sa gagawin nila? Everything can be fixed when you have have money and status. It might sound cliché but it is what it is.

I am not here today if I am ignorant like them. What a waste of time and money...

In the end, he became useless, too, like Jarret.

"Am I not talking to my fcking lawyers!? Did you all turn deaf or stupid?" Bunch of useless sh*t. My infuriated voice made them turn their heads to me. "I don't fatten up your bank accounts for nothing! Tell me what move should we take here, or I swear I'll fcking drag you all down with me!"

And that will never happen.

I will never be dragged down by anyone. No one.

They all exchanged nervous glances, finally realizing their impending demise if they decided to cower now or even leave me in this mess. Good. That's exactly how you make rats move. Plant fear in their little brains. Control that fear and use it to your advantage.

"Sir, what I suggest for now is to block the media from getting this news. If our hunches were right, your son will try to make it look bigger than what it really is. He will use the media to taint your reputation with your associates. Most especially now that we're finally closing the European deal next week."

"That's right. And we'll do everything to get a hold of the evidence they listed in their letter."

"We will talk to his lawyers too. We'll ask for terms and—."

"Forget that." I waved off my hand to cut him as I stared outside my building windows. "I know James, he'll tell his staff not to budge or even talk to us if it's all about terms." I looked at them. "And when are they going to run this show against me?"

"That's five days from now, Sir."

"Then make an appointment with him, not his staff. Tell him that his father wants to talk to his son."

"But he's still—."

"He was already awake, since Monday. Knowing him to be so stubborn, that kid is probably asking his doctors by now if he can go home instead of staying there for a few more days." I smirked. If he can only use that stubbornness to make his life straight. "I want an answer by tomorrow, and don't let this case cause us any problem with our European deal."

Tiningnan ko ulit ang sulat na pinadala ng lawyer ni James consisting all the cases they'll file against me and the evidences they have to win the case. He wants us to prepare by sending this to me. Tch! He still has the decency to inform me ahead of time.

Obviously, this kid has other plans in mind...I know. I can sense that.

What do you want, James?

"Sir?"

I looked at them once again. My assistant is the one who's speaking.

"What are we going to do with your other son's girlfriend?"

"Ryder?" I smirked. Here's another fool. "Let him have his fill for now. That kid is blinded too with foolishness. Let's focus on this case first with James and we'll deal with that other matter after all this."