Our Real Love Special UD: James and Ryder POV

ORL SPECIAL UD – JAMES POV

"I'm going to Manila. Get the earliest flight I can have."

"Is there something wrong, Sir?"

Nag-aayos ako ng gamit ko dito sa hotel room ko habang kausap si Tamara. Halos kagigising ko lang but there's no way I can calm myself after hearing her trembling voice on the other line. I know I have to be there in an instant. Something's wrong and I have to find out what exactly is going on.

But first, I have to be sure Adeline is okay.

"I'm not sure yet." Tumingin ako sa kaniya bago ko pinasok ang hawak kong damit sa maleta ko. "Don't tell me you'll stop me and force me again to go in my therapy."

Her face is always like this. Para siyang walang pakiramdam o iniisip. Good thing I can rely her with everything else that I need. For the past years, si Tamara ang naging reliable source of help ko sa lahat ng bagay. Hindi lang trabaho, maging personal life ko. She's my assistant for so many years, but she's also a friend na laging nandiyan if I needed one.

Just like when I found out that I have this damn illness.

Matagal ko ng nalaman na may sakit ako bago pa 'ko bumalik ng Pilipinas to meet Adeline. I'm undergoing therapy that time, but it's best describe as on and off therapy since I know I can still handle myself. Besides, there's a lot of things to be done in our family. Yeah, more on the business side.

When I got back to the Philippines, I was planning to meet Adeline and introduce myself as Jay – which nangyari naman. Though I was expecting that maybe, we can be more of that. But things didn't turn out well in my side but I'm fine, I guess.Besides, I know she's with someone who will take care of her higit pa sa kaya kong gawin.

But as I heard her voice, which is like a wounded animal, made me wonder what happen to the man she used to be her rock.

"Absolutely not. I know you wanted to see her."

I raised a brow upon hearing that. There's something in her voice that I'm not sure if I will be bothered or confused. I dismissed the thought afterwards. Over-thinking won't help.

"Yah, but not like this." Binalik ko ang attention ko sa pag-aayos ng gamit ko. "She's obviously not in a good condition. I wonder what Jarret have done this time."

"It doesn't matter, as long as you're there. You can do what he cannot."

I stopped. I'm not sure I like her tone this time. Umayos ako ng tayo and then I looked at her. "Is there something wrong, Tamara?"

She shook her head slightly. "I'm good, Sir." She cleared her throat and added, "I'll take care of your ticket."

I nodded. Sinundan ko siya ng tingin habang palabas siya ng kwarto ko. Nang marinig kong nagsara ang pintuan, I dismissed the idea that something's bothering her.

Kinuha ko ang phone ko sa night stand saka umupo sa gilid ng kama.

I dialled Jarret's number but it can't be reach. What's with him?

After that, si Leila naman ang tinawagan ko – Jarret's secretary.

<PHONE CALL>

JAMES: Leila.

LEILA: Mr. Martinez. Yes.

JAMES: Where's Jarret?

It took him three seconds before she answered what I'd asked.

LEILA: He's in Canada, Sir.

What the hell is he doing there?

JAMES: What's the agenda of the trip? It is about work, right?