Last Girl On Earth

Ama laid on the hotel bed kicking her feet as she colored in a coloring book I bought. I laid beside her as I watched the tv. I tried to distract my mind from what happened earlier today. The guiltiness was eating me alive. I was turning into a person I didn't recognize. Suddenly there was a knock on the door, I looked over at the clock on the night stand; it was 8 at night.

I grabbed my pocket knife from my purse and crept over to the door. I peeped through the hole, but it was black," Marina, I know jou're in there." My heart rate sped up, that voice was too distinct to forget. I slowly turned the knob and opened the door just the slightest," What are you doing here Tony." "Can I come in?" We stared at each other for a moment til I opened  the door all the way. Allowing him to enter," I see ju using the money I gave ju."

I closed the door behind him," How did you know I was here?" Tony turned to me and shrugged his shoulder," I have my ways." I crossed my arms together," You made someone follow me..." He gave me one glance then turned his attention to Ama," Hey sweetheart!" Ama turned away from her coloring book and looked at Tony," Chu remember me?"

She nodded her head and stood up on the bed so she can match his height. She got close to his face and pointed to the scar across his eye," Yeaahh–cause you have a scar on your face!" I was about to swat her hand away from his face, but Tony laughed," Ju know how I got this?"

She shook her head. Tony balled his hands into fists and fake punched her all around her," I was fighting." Ama laughed as he tickled her. She fell to the bed trying to catch her breath and he stopped to look at me," Tony," He raised his eyebrow," why are you here?"

He moved closer to me," To see ju." I rubbed my temples," Tony I can't–" Abruptly, Ama jumped up from the bed," Tony the Tiger!" Ama jumped onto Tony and he laughed," I'm a tiger–huh?" Ama smiled," Yeah!"

A smile crept onto my face," Mommy can Tony stay and color with me?" I crossed my arms. I looked to the both of them. Ama was so happy and I didn't want to ruin their fun. I studied Tony as he studied me. He grasped my hand and swung it back and forth," Come on mommy," He brought a kiss to my hand," We just want to color." Tony pestered as he looked at me with sad puppy eyes.

I rolled my eyes and sighed,"Fine–" "Yaaay!" Ama cheered. She grabbed a marker from her coloring box and gave one to Tony," Here you color this." He took the marker in his hand," Okay." She pointed to the object to color and he colored in the picture.

I laid back down on the bed next to them. It was really sweet seeing Tony color with her. He was so nice and gentle. The hairs on my neck stood up when something touched my thigh. Tony's hand was resting there as he colored with the other hand. I placed my hand on top of his. Tony was about to smile until I removed his hand from my thigh.

"Why ju in a hotel–huh?" I glanced at him and shrugged my shoulders," Something happened–" "The fires. That house on the tv was jours?"
I didn't answer him,"That's why ju ran out like tha the other day?" I just focused my attention on Ama as she colored a flower," This is gonna be jour last night here," I furrowed my brows," I'll get chu jour own house–okay?"

"Wait what?" "Ju heard me." I shook my head," No. No way. No Tony."
"Tonight's jour last night–That's final." He patted my leg and continued to color with Ama.