Put The Radio On

First day at the job was more than nerve-racking, it was terrifying. Tony told me not to worry about them, but that just made it worse. For me, everything had to be perfect or he would kill me on the spot. Yeah, I recognized the machine weapons in his office. That's what made me so nervous.

I changed back into my black pencil skirt and white blouse. Rich came from around the corner, back in his normal outfit as well," You ready?" "Yeah." We exited from the back of the house and out the main gate of the mansion," So–How do you like it so far?" Rich questioned as he kept driving.

"I almost got fired," Rich glanced over at me,"I walked in on Elvira snorting coke." Rich twisted his mouth," Yikes."
I hit his arm and he flinched," Shut up! Mr.Montana wants me to only work for him though." When we stopped at a red light, Rich turned to me with his eyes wide open," Oooh so you're in good with the big boss?"

I glanced over at him and shrugged my shoulders. He continued to stare at me, and the light turned green," Drive!" Rich drove over to Amalita's daycare. I got out of the car and went inside. I walked up to the front area," Hi I'm here for Amalita Ramirez."

The blonde woman went down the list on a clipboard," Amalita has already been checked out." My body froze in place. I could feel my blood boiling on the inside. This is why I hated this daycare. No one does their job right and now they're just letting my child go off with random people without me knowing.

I could feel my face contort into a different expression as the blonde woman in front of me had a look of freight," What do you mean she's already checked out!?" The woman was about to speak but I beat her to it," Y'all just let someone check out my child without my permission!?"

I snatched the clipboard from her hand and went down the list of names. I immediately found Ama's name and got even more furious when I saw the name. I threw the clipboard back at the woman," Y'all should be ashamed of yourselves!"

I stormed out the daycare and ran to the passenger side of Rich's car,"Where's Ama?" I tear streamed down my face as I quickly wiped it away," Caesar took her." Rich let out a huge sigh," Shit." "I don't where he could be."

Rich drove away from the building and we started searching all over the city. We checked every place they could've been. Rich drove over to a parking lot that was by the beach," I'll search the beach you check the parking lot." Rich nodded his head as we both got out of the car.

I followed along the sandy concrete until I got to the concessions area. My eyes were everywhere until I saw Daisy, and Ama was clutching her tight in her hand. I rushed over to her, pushing and shoving everyone in my path," Amalita!" Her little head turned around and she got excited. Once I finally got to her I pulled her from the arms of the monster holding her," Let her go you bastard!"

Ama wrapped her arms around me. Caesar easily pushed me off," Don't you ever take my child again!" Strangers were staring at us and Caesar didn't like that. He didn't like to be embarrassed. He ignored me and walked away from the crowd of people and into a somewhat secluded area. Like a dumbass, I followed him. I put Ama down and grabbed her hand, dragging her along with me," You stay away from her–"

Caesar quickly swung his head around and lowered down to my level," You have no right to keep me from my child." "Oh really, cause I do. Go ahead and take me to court– Oh wait– You can't!" That statement triggered him. He got closer to my face, his forehead touching mine," What was that?"

I looked him dead in the eyes," You can't do shit, everything you do is illegitimate." Abruptly he grabbed me by the throat. Squeezing as tight as he could. I let go of Ama and tried to claw at Caesar's hand. My throat was constricting and my lungs were getting heavy," Let her go!" Ama's tiny voice yelled. "Let my mommy go!"

Like a switch he dropped his strong hand from my throat. I coughed out the little breath I had in me and tears streamed down my face," You're a monster!" Ama ran over to me and grabbed my leg," I wish I had never met you..." I grabbed Ama and tossed her on my hip and ran away as quickly as I could. I got to Rich's car, not turning back to see if he followed me or not," Marina!" Rich ran over to me. He was relieved until he saw my tears," What happened?"

I grabbed ahold of my throat and shook my head," Let's just go." Rich stopped me," Did he put his hands on you!?" I gave him a knowing look. He had almost stormed off until I grabbed him," Rich stop! Okay–we can't take him–" "He put his hands on you! In front of Lita! Are you serious Marina!?"

I glanced down at Ama and back to him," He's gonna get what he deserves, just not today." Rich sighed as he walked over to the drivers side and got in. I opened the door for Ama and buckled her in. I got in the passengers side and glanced out the window. It was silent in the car. Too silent. I reached over to the radio knob and turned it up. Drowning out the dread in the car.