Million Dollar Man

I glanced down at my watch, it was 7:00am. I couldn't sleep at all, I may have rested my eyes for an hour. But it wasn't enough. I reached over to Ama and shook her," Amalita, wake up," I shook her again," Get up baby." She stretched her arms out and yawned. She got up and reached out for me. I picked her up and laid her on top of me. I combed my hands through her hair, detangling it with my fingers. I put her hair into a ponytail.

I reached for the bag of snacks and gave one to Ama. She gladly ate it and I grabbed one for myself. After we ate, I took the blankets down and drove to a nearby gas station. We both got out and we went to the restroom. I gave her a toothbrush and a bit of toothpaste. We both brushed our teeth and wiped down with the baby wipes.

We went back into the car and I drove to Mary's house, she was already waiting at the door. I got out of the car and Ama did too," Marina. You know you can stay here, right," Ama ran to her," You don't owe us anything." I gave Ama a kiss on her head," I have to go."

I went into my car and drove off to the mansion. I drove in through the gates and entered the back of the mansion. I grabbed a clean uniform and put it on. I put my dirty one into the laundry and started it. I grabbed my cleaning supplies and started to clean the downstairs area.

I was focused. I sprayed, disinfected, dusted and vacuumed. I checked my watch and only an hour and a half had passed. I moved up the stairs and cleaned all the rooms. Leaving Tony's office last. I knocked on the door. There was no answer. I knocked again and there was no answer. I twisted the knob and it opened.

I had no idea if I could be in here, but I went in anyway. I dusted the lounge area and coffee tables. I glanced over at the caged case with his guns. It really scared me; Caesar and his gang would carry them around like trinkets on a keychain," Snooping around–huh?"

I nearly jumped out of my skin," No, I-I uh I knocked and no one answered," I swallowed the spit in my throat," I can leave." I grabbed my stuff ready to head out but he grasped my arm," What happened yesterday-Chu just ran off?" I set the stuff down and shook my head," I-I uh I-It was nothing–" "Nothing? Ju ran off like chu seen a ghost."

I started to grab at the hem of my uniform and my heart beat was picking up,"I-I just have–had–a lot on my mind." He moved in closer to me softening his grip on my arm," Ju don't have to lie to me mane–I can see it in jour eyes," He reached into his pockets and pulled out a wad of cash. It could've been almost 5 thousands dollars," Here," He held out my hand and placed the wad into it," take this okay?"

I glanced down at my hand and back up at him," I-I can't take this Tony." I tried to give it back to him but he didn't budge," I can't Tony." He clasped my hand down and squeezed it tight," Ju take this and I'm not taking no for no answer."

"Here,"He grabbed the wad from my hand and placed it into the pocket of my uniform," If ju need more, ju come to me–got it?" I glanced at him questionably. This was all so sudden, this gesture was too kind. He must want something from me," What do I have to do for this–cause I can't accept it."

He grasped my forearms in his hands," Chu don't have to do anything–okay–Just come to me." Without hesitation, I wrapped my arms around his neck. He wrapped his arms around my waist and squeezed me tight," Thank you, thank you, thank you Tony." "Jou're welcome pussycat."

What I was doing wasn't professional at all. I was in my boss's office, making physical contact and getting money from him. This wasn't a good look. This wasn't a good look at all, but I couldn't stop myself. We stayed like that for a while until I cleared my throat," I have to get back to work Tony." His grasp on me didn't budge," Or we can stay like this–huh?"

I glanced up into his round eyes, his eyes were so gentle yet they were sharp like daggers," You have a wife Tony." "Who?" He looked around the room confused and pointed to himself," Me?" A small smile went across my face," Yeah you." I took his left hand off my waist and held it up; showcasing his wedding band. He scoffed at the sight," This? That's nothing. It was a gift."

I raised my eyebrow," And the oil painting down stairs?" He shook his head," Oh tha? That's just a friend." "That's one special friend you got there Tony." He laughed letting his hands off of my waist," Maybe I should put chu there instead?"

I looked at him ready to laugh, but his face was stern and serious. I was about to say something but nothing came out. I tucked my loose hair behind my ear and grabbed my supplies," Thank you again Tony."

"Remember what I said okay?" I nodded my head," Yes Tony." I walked out of the office and closed the door behind me.