You Can Be The Boss

I sat on Rich's couch with Ama in my lap, Rich sat in the chair in front of us and faced me,"Like I said, a lot of people come in, but not all of them are hired." I huffed and rolled my eyes,"What makes you think I'll be hired then?" "You're an independent single mom, who cooks, cleans; hell I should give you an award my self." A smile crept on my face,"Trust me, you'll get the job. Ain't that right Lita." She nodded her head and hugged my hand that was wrapped around her.

    Rich dropped Ama at the daycare and we drove to the mansion. As we rode, i thought this mansion would be in one of those local gated communities but we kept riding and we were out of the city. We rode along this two way rode, either side consisted of cement white walls and tall trees. We slowly came to a stop in front of this gate, Rich talked to the guy at the gate and the gates began to open, we drove in. My eyes almost popped out of my head when I seen the place, definition of a dream,"Who the hell are you working for?" "You'll see." We parked in the back with all the other employees and got out of the car, Rich already had his uniform on, I on the other hand had on a black pencil skirt and a white long sleeve dress shirt tucked in.

    We walked in from the back part of the mansion and a woman approached us, she glanced at Rich knowingly and he walked on. The woman gave me a warm smile,"Are you Marina Allen?" "Yes I am." "Great. First things first I'm Penelope, the head master of the employees. Richard has told me a lot about you Ms.Marina." "Were they good things?" She laughed a little as we made our way up some stairs,"If they weren't, we wouldn't be talking to each other." "True." We walked down a hall and into a room, I stood behind Penelope as she spoke to someone,"Mrs.Montana, Marina Allen is here for the final analyzation." Penelope lightly pushed me forward and went out the room.

    I tied my hands together behind my back and stared at the woman in front of me. She had shoulder length blonde hair that was fine to the touch; from what I could tell, she had a body of a high fashion model. I looked down at myself and back at her, I was nothing compared to her,"Are you going to have a seat or just stare at me?" My eyes widened,"Oh sorry." I quickly sat down on the love seat across from her and folded my hands together,"You seem like a good hard-working woman..." I slowly nodded my head unsure on what she was going with this,"We need more women like you." "Thank you?" "Can you start today?" I raised my eyebrow,"Um yeah, yes, I can."

    "Good, find Penelope and she'll give you a uniform." "Thank you so much Mrs.Montana, you have no idea how grateful I am." I smiled wide at her and exited the room. I went back down the stairs and into the room where me and Rich entered from, I saw him and Penelope talking. I waltzed my way up to them, Rich glanced at me with a raised eyebrow,"So?" I looked at him then Penelope,"I need a uniform." Rich grinned from ear to ear,"Yes! I told you not to worry, now I have someone to talk to other than her." He pointed at Penelope and she glared at him,"You're pushing your luck Richard." She turned back to me,"Come on lets get you a fit."
I followed closely behind Penelope not wanting to get lost. We stopped in front of a door and she quickly unlocked it; she opened it and motioned for me to come in. I stepped into the room filled with the identical black dress outfits," What's your size?" I glanced at Penelope," 4." She nodded her head and rummaged through the rack of dresses," Here you go." She grabbed the garment and handed it to me," Just change in here and give me your other clothes when your done okay?" "Okay." Penelope left the room and I immediately took off my current outfit. I took the dress off the hanger and unbuttoned the front of the dress. I easily slipped my arms through the armholes and buttoned the dress back up. I folded my other clothes back up and carried them in my hands. I grabbed the door knob and exited out the room; Penelope was right across the room waiting for me with a white apron in her hands," Lets swap." I gave her my clothes and she gave me the apron. I tied it around my body and looked to Penelope," Now what?" "Mrs.Montana is waiting for you upstairs." I nodded my head and left the maid hall.

    As I walked out of the Maid Hall, I couldn't help but admire the interior design of the mansion. It isn't my taste but it is far better than where I'm living at. The walls resembled paintings from Michelangelo or something. The interior colors were very dark and masculine. I quickly walked past the front foyer and steadily up the elegant stairs, studying my feet as I examined each stair.

      Abruptly, my shoulder collided with another hard figure, my head quickly shot up," Oh,I'm so sorry-" I glanced at the man before me, His eyes were blood shot, with a scar that stretched from the upper part of his left eyebrow down to his cheek. He stared down at me as if he was trying to examine me or intimidate me.

       Whatever he was doing was working, I swallowed the lump in my throat and hesitantly spoke," A-Are you a friend of the Montana's?" His expression immediately changed, he raised an eyebrow at me and cheekily grinned," You're funny mane." He lightly chuckled and pointed across the way, I followed his finger to where he was pointing at and I could feel the heat rise to my face. It was an oil painting of him and Mrs.Montana; I swallowed another lump in my throat and turned my attention back to Mr.Montana," Sorry." He glanced at me one more time before continuing down the stairs. I shook my head at how stupid I was just then and continued up the stairs awaiting my task.