Yayo

As I approached the door, I turned the knob and let myself in. I immediately stopped in my tracks once I saw Mrs. Montana with a piece of metal in her nose as she snorted a substance," Oh my god." Mrs. Montana quickly took the metal out of her nose and glared at me in disbelief," Jesus Marina, can you knock!" I covered my mouth not knowing what to say. My boss is a junkie, but I'm not surprised, everyone down here is on that shit," I-I'm s-sorry Mrs.Montana, I-I didn't mean-" "Knock for now on!" I nodded my head. I didn't want to get fired on my first day, so I stayed quiet and turned my attention to her," Can you get me some champagne?" "Yes Mrs.Montana." "Call me Elvira. Mrs.Montana makes me feel old." I nodded my head," Yes Elvira."

I quickly left the room, closing the door behind me. I never encountered anything so awkward in my life. I paced back down the regal stairwell and down to the kitchen. I grabbed a glass and a bottle of champagne and poured it as perfectly as possible. I grabbed a silver serving platter and gently placed the glass on it. I put the champagne away and exited out of the kitchen.

As I was about to enter the front room, I saw a figure from my peripheral vision," Hey!" Out of shock, my body stopped in that place and I turned my head. Mr. Montana was looking at me with his bloodshot eyes," I always keep running into you mane, what's yo name?" My tongue was stuck in place, I forced myself to open my mouth," M-Marina." "Marina? I like that." He continued to stare at me as he took the full champagne glass, drinking it in front of my face," Tell her we were out of champagne, then come to my office okay?" "Yes sir."

I continued up the stairs, trying not to trip over myself

I continued up the stairs, trying not to trip over myself. Once I got to the door of the room, I knocked like she ordered me to do," Come in!" I opened the door and let myself in," Where's the champagne?"
"We're out of champagne."
Elvira rolled her eyes as she took a drag of her cigarette," Millions of dollars and we're out of champagne. Pathetic." She mumbled under her breath," Would you like something else?"

She waved her hand away clearly annoyed at the situation," No I'm fine."
I nodded my head and exited out of the room. I quickly made my way to Mr.Montana's office, not wanting to make a bad impression like I did earlier. Just thinking about it makes the heat rush to my cheeks and hands sweaty.

Once I made it to the door, by now I learned my mistake, I knocked on the door," Who's knocking!?" I heard a strong cuban accent yell. I swallowed the lump in my throat,"M-Marina sir."
There was silence on the other end until the door fully opened. A short cuban man with a fedora on his head was standing there as he escorted me in," Y-you wanted to see me, Mr.Montana?"

The cuban man was sitting at his desk, while a bunch of his colleagues stood around watching me. Making me feel more and more like a peasant," Call me Tony. Okay?"
I nodded my head,"Yes sir Mr.M– I mean Tony. Yes sir Tony."
I held on to the silver platter for dear life," Why're so nervous Marina, huh?" He stood from his desk and adjusted his pants around his waist as he approached me," We're not goin to hurt you..."

He finally stopped where he was when he was inches from my face. I tried to avoid his bloodshot eyes, but he grabbed my chin and made me look at him," S-sorry. It's just–it's my first day on the job." He let go of my chin and I swallowed the spit that was logged in my throat," Don't listen to that white piece of bread anymore okay? You work for me and me only understand?"

I frantically nodded my head,"Yes sir."