9.

The days after, they spent all free time together.

Brett would accidently walked in front of Eddy's classroom, and Eddy would get out running to see him and have lunch with him.
I prefer this way to go to the coffee shop.

Eddy casually went to the piano room after class, and play together for a while.
Oh, I forgot my pencil here yesterday, mind if I join in?

Inside the room, Brett and Eddy sat down next to each other at the piano bench.
For Brett, the warm breathing of Eddy so close to his ears, made his fingers shake a bit. Until he would finally took flight, and up there, the sweet scent of Eddy was a booster for his fingers to go on.
He made the atmosphere change completely.
He could see how the room felt a bit brighter, when Eddy's laughter bursted inside.
The sweet sound of his voice.

They would also accidentally bump into each other at the bus stop, and walked together to Eddy's place.
Shall we go together?

The piano/violin practices were now daily, and they would extend till night.
I would like you to explain me this, before I leave.

Brett would always bring cookies, pasta, rice and chicken he had made just for Eddy. And Eddy always made him coffee.
It's a bit late, why won't you eat something before leaving?

Except from the days were Eddy would casually “need” to buy something from the supermarket in front of Brett's work. So they would walked together there.
I needed to buy some milk, you know? For coffee.

Eddy was the same. Always speaking, always laughing, and always trying to touch him, hug him or even just brush his shoulder lightly by accident.

For Brett, it was a bit more difficult.
He was trying his best to show him how much he actually enjoyed being with him, but trying to avoid the touch, cause that was still hard to stand for him.
But for someone who enjoyed silence and speak very little, it was a bit hard.

That's why he would always make an extra effort on the dishes he made for him, and always brought candies. Strawberry flavoured.

He made an effort to learnt a lot from him. What he liked, and didn't liked, and tried his best to remember everything Eddy said the day before. But it was hard.

Come on, you said yesterday that you hated that class. Why is it that you like it now?

Eddy had also introduced him to some of his hobbies. Pop music included.
Put that one you played the other day. I kind of liked it..
And, though Brett could barely stand the music by itself, he loved the ‘pieces’ through Eddy's singing.

On his way home, he would hum the melody while walking. Happily.

He also loved the small changes on his face.
After some weeks, he realized Eddy had all kinds of shades in his emotions. He was collecting the littlest smiles and frowns. Most of them, developed during playing the violin.
Occasionally, Brett would ask Eddy to play for him.
While he rested his fingers, he always said.
So, he would sit in front of him, and watched him perform.
The sound Eddy was making on the violin, was definitely recovering from the long rest he took. Little by little, his fingers finally remembered everything they've been doing for the last years.
The memory of his hands and his soul, was slowly awakening. And Brett was delighted to see it.

After a while, Eddy also showed him some of his hidden interests: Shoüjo manga.
That was a big help for Brett.

His experience in love and romance is zero. Also, he knew he was in love with Eddy, but didn't exactly knew what to do with that love. Is it even possible for them to be together?

He haven't stop to think about Eddy being a boy. All he knew was that he wanted to remain by his side. So romance manga was a useful guide for him to follow.

After practice, and while Eddy would be listening to his music, Brett would read manga.

"I like you", the girl said with eyes full of tears. Nah.
Brett didn't feel like crying for him.
What he felt, was more likely as sweet as the strawberry candies Eddy loved. No tears needed.

In another manga, the girl would tell him how much she loved him. “I couldn't do it without you”, she said (crying as well).

Well, Brett thought, I guess my life would be a bit different...but I'm sure I would have go on for a while.
Also, he didn’t needed Eddy, he wanted him by his side.
So it's not like that for him either. No, no need of pleading.

“I want to know more about you", a girl on one of the stories confessed. Oh. This is kind of it, he thought. "Would you want to come to my house?"

Oh. But what for?

Brett didn't have a piano to practice at home. Mom was almost never around. What would they do alone at home...?
Oh.
His face turned completely red.

Eddy was obedient about the whole touchess stuff. He would only hug him as a greeting and for saying goodbye. Brett wasn't still so used to that.

He had to take a couple of minutes to remember how to breath again after one of those tight hugs of hims.

Please, I have to go...

Even his mother was fine with Brett being a bit cold sometimes.

She knew Brett had other ways to show love. Like leaving her small notes to let her know what he's been doing, cooking for her on Mondays and Tuesdays, and calling her every morning before leaving to school. Even though he would barely speak, and only said yes or no to any of her questions.

That's why the call he made that night took her by surprise.

“Brett!”, she said on the phone. “How are you, sweetheart?”.
A small silence, and then, “Fine, mom. Thank you”.
His mother started to speak, happy to hear the voice of his son, and intrigued by an answer different from the usual 'ok'; but was suddenly interrupted.

"Mom? Can I ask you something?”, he said with a serious voice. “Can a friend of mine come to visit me home?”

A small scream from the other side of the phone.

Brett frowned, half irritated, half embarrassed. “I’m hanging, mom”, he said with a grumpy voice.

“No, no, no! Please!”, her mother laughed excited. “Of course you can, son”. Brett let out a small “Ok, then. Bye, mom”, he said before hanging up.

Her mother would have liked to hear a bit more, but the next morning a small note on the table told her everything else she needed to know.

“Thank you, mom. I hope you meet him soon”.