Chapter 7-Tears of Blood

I just stared at Andrew. I didn't know what to say! How do you respond to that?

"Um... You can kiss Lexi in the rain. I'm sure she wouldn't mind..."

"No, I'm talking about you. It's always been you. Lexi's like a carbon copy of you, just a little bit different. You..."

I interrupted him. What was he saying? "What are you saying?"

"I like you, Zee, I always have. It's always has been, and always will be you."

Oh, brother. What am I gonna do now? Last time this happened, Lexi didn't speak to me for a week. She got the guy, but then he cheated on her with a cheerleader. Needless to say, I kicked his ass. It was fun.

"Okay, awkward silence. I'm just gonna..."

I didn't even bother finishing my sentence. I just ran. Even though I was tired, I still sprinted for the hills. As I was running, I started sobbing.

He liked me? He LIKED me? What? When did that happen? I've liked him for so long, why didn't he say anything sooner? This was stupid- this was so incredibly wrong.

I squealed as a callused hand grabbed my wrist, and spun me around. I crashed into Andrew's chest, shrieking as his arms encircled me. I trembled, not certain of what he was going to do.

"Kiss me, Zoey," he whispered in my ear, sending little prickles of warmth down my spine. I felt his warm breath on my lips, making me quake in my shoes. I wanted him to kiss me, but also not to kiss me. I felt so ashamed of letting down my sister, as his lips hesitantly touched mine.

At first, all I felt was a small warmth, with little bits of roughness. His lips were chapped, but tasted of cherry lip balm. I started kissing him back, wrapping my arms around his neck and threading my hands through his course brown hair. His hair felt soft yet textured, and it just entranced me even more. I felt him start to move his lips, and I just responded naturally. It just came to me.

Then, I felt something slightly bumpy press against my lips, licking my bottom lip, asking for entry in my mouth. I'd never done that before, but wanted to get it over with. I let him in, slightly opening my lips for his tongue. His tongue snaked in, slightly rubbing my bottom lip as he did so. My mouth exploded with the taste of vanilla and cigarettes, with a hint of chocolate. I moaned slightly, and then immediately felt embarrassed. He snickered as he pulled away, and started kissing down my jaw. He pressed me closer, and I felt something inside me that begged to have him closer.

All the while the rain had been slightly dripping down, but then a downpour started. That was enough to wake me out of my trance. I pulled away, shrieking.

"Oh, my God! Andrew, you're dating my sister! What have I done, what have I done..."

All he did was smirk and say, "Sooner or later, Zee, you'll see what I see." And with that he walked away. I turned back towards the cross country changing rooms, looking for my stuff. As I did so, I spotted Eric, still shirtless, just standing there.

As little beads of water dripped down his chest, he smiled sadly at me, and turned around.

Oh. My. God. The guy I like just saw me making out with my sister's boyfriend. You have got to be kidding me.

"Eric! Eric, wait!" I ran after him, slipping and sliding in the mud. I had to tell him that it was a mistake. I couldn't mess this up, not now. Not after I'd met a nice guy.

"It's okay, Zoey. You can be with him if you want."

"No, Eric, it's not what you think. Please!"

"I really like you, Zee. And this is how it ends." With that, he turned around, and shuffled away, making me weep.

"Eric, I like you too! I'll scream it from the rooftops if I have to, but I like you! It's everything about you, everything that you do!"