Chapter 8- Fixing What's Broken

My eyes, fluttered open, and I stared at my ceiling. There was an insistent pounding ringing in my ears, and I couldnt see for a moment as blood rushed to my eyes. 

I rolled over onto my stomach, and bumped into something soft. Thinking it was my pillow, I grabbed onto it and squeezed, loving that it molded to my body. 

The pillow groaned, and said, "What is it? You wanna jump me already? Darling, I just woke up."

Holy crap. There was a guy in my bed. Am I dreaming? 

Just to test that theory, I poked the pillow down low, and freaked out when the pillow moaned in pain.

"Ok. I don't know who you are, or why you're here, but you need to leave. I've got jazz band in 20 minutes. You NEED to leave. Like NOW! GET OUT!"

The guy rolled over, and slid down my ladder. My heart stopped as I saw who it was- my music teacher. My married, 35-year-old, with-a-kid teacher. From school.

Holy crap. What did I do last night? I remember stripping, doing body shots, and... A guy.

"Um, sir... What did we do last night?" 

"I brought you home, and I crashed on your bed. Don't worry. I wouldn't cheat on my wife."

"Ok, that's good. Can you not tell anyone what happened last night? Please"

"Sure. I'm gonna go home now, so get ready for jazz band."

"That's funny. So hilarious. Bye, sir."

The door shut, and I slid down the wall, crying with my head in my hands.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At school, I couldn't look anyone in the eye. I felt so guilty, so ashamed. I couldn't look anyone in the face, much less Lexi's or Eric's.

People noticed, of course, and tried asking me what was wrong, but I said nothing, and went on my way.

Eric tried so many times to cheer me up, but nothing worked. He'd sneak a hug, a kiss, tickle me. Nothing. All I could do was think of what a selfish bitch I was.

My grades dropped. I stopped running. Cello had no life for me. I was so stressed over nothing, my nails were starting to peel from my biting them so much. Each time I bit them, I made sure to peel away each layer of nail, just to feel the pain. Pain meant nothing to me.

Pain, physical or mental, didn't bother me anymore. I was nothing.

All because of Lexi's boyfriend.

But that was going to change.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6 months later

"Come on, Zee. You have to at least try to do track. You've gotten so thin. I'm starting to worry about you."

"Mom, I'll do it. I'll try to be better at life. Just for you." Note the sarcasm.

So, I did. I went the next day, to try and do hurdles. i also wanted to do long jump and high jump, but I hadn't done that since eighth grade.

A week went by. I had started gaining weight again, and it hurt to walk because i had started working my muscles again.

I walked to the track room, groaning with each step. It hurt so much.

I opened the door, and screamed.

Lexi was in there, shirt and shorts off, making out with some really muscular guy. He looked hot.

Wait. Is that...

Eric?

Eric. My boyfriend.

The guy who had been there for me eachs tep of my painful sophomore year. the guy I loved. The guy who said he loved me. My heart broke.

The love of my life was practically screwing my sister on the bathroom floor.

"Zee. It's nothing. Forgive me." Eric stuttered, reaching out to me.

I shrank back. "Don't touch me. Don't you dare touch me. Donr get near me, ever again."

I hissed through my teeth, spitting the words. My tongue was practically bleeding from the force I was using to speek my words.

"How long has this been going on? A week? Two weeks?"

"Six months." Eric looked ashamed, and I bet he was. He was downright pitiful.

I couldn't see straight. My eyes were pulsing, blood rushing to my very core. i was seeing sparkles. Some people see red when they are angry. I see sparkles in the corners of my eyes. Man, was I pissed.

I grabbed my bag, and stumbled to the door. The strap caught on the handle, and I just dropped it.

Then I ran.

I don't know how far I ran, I don't know where I ran to. I just ran. I pounded the ground with each step, tears blurring the sound of blood rushing through my veins.

After a while, I tripped over my feet. Falling head over heels, I gashed a long stripe of red down my shin, and my knees were so ripped up I could see the muscles in my legs.

I slid down the wall, with my head in my hands. I wept, sobs ripping through my lungs. I couldn't think.

Six months, six months, six months. That kept going though my brain.

What was I going to do?

A/N

I'm SO SO SO SO SO sorry for not updating. I'm stressed, and I'm so sore.

Vomment, and add to libraries if you liked the chapter.

XOXO, Zoey