-Our song.

《 I'm playing this song again... The melancholic melody of 'A Soulmate Who Wasn't Meant to Be' resonated with the hollowness in my chest..

My heart aches remembering all these non-existent memories of us

I couldn't sleep yesterday .. I stayed up all night ..

And for a fraction of a second, I felt your fingers playing with my hair

I looked up to see you smiling at me "missed me?"  you asked, still holding on to your dazzling smile "more than you can imagine" I replied smiling back at you.

"you don't take night walks anymore.. "  you said, and it was enough to bring me back to reality. 

" I ... I feel trapped, I don't know what to do anymore, I hate that we're not that close anymore..." I mumbled.

"you left.."  you replied, and I felt the pain in your voice.

"I never meant to leave, I'm now on the other side of the world... again, I'm scared...
I'm scared of not feeling your presence beside me anymore, I'm scared that our souls would grow apart and we somehow get so busy with our lives and just lose this connection.. I'm ... I don't want to-" 

"shhh.." you cut me off as you gently your hand on my lips, "don't say that. Haven't you always been the one to talk about this connection over and over? the one to believe that it's too strong that nothing and no one would ever have the power to break it? to break us.. not even my real self? why are you being so doubtful all of sudden? is it because of the distance between us? didn't we get over that a long time ago? what is wrong with you um? have you lost faith in us?"  

You gave me that look that I could never unsee, disappointment. I could see the disappointment in your eyes, and it killed me.
"everything is falling apart. I don't know how to live anymore, I wish you were real, I wish this was real.. I'm losing touch with reality and just everything around me... I'm.. I don't know"

I didn't know what I was talking about, it felt like I was going crazy.

You held my face with both of your warm hands "hey.. don't do that, it's alright okay? you're fine, we're fine. Trust me you'll come back and we're gonna take walks together, I'll watch you being all drunk and lovely trying to explain to me how much you love me and I'm gonna back hug you when you're trying to be serious, it always makes you weak and speechless... I'm gonna make you smile and listen to your favourite songs with you, we're gonna dance like crazy then slow dance to sad songs, we're gonna lie down and have deep conversations like now and I'm gonna actually hold you in my arms and it's not gonna be a non-existent memory, I can feel it... it's gonna be real one day, we'll actually get to physically be together, I don't know where this is coming from.. but I can feel it."

I fell asleep with the hope of dreaming of you, of us. Because that's the only way we actually get to be together and feel each other's presence, little did I know it'd just be another non-existent memory that's gonna break my heart one more time.

I closed my eyes as I was listening to it, this song, our song. I took a trip down the non-existent memory lane.. yes this is who we are: A soulmate who wasn't meant to be. 》