Chapter 2: My Birthday Celebration

I was running... I am not sure which direction to go. I just want to go, anywhere.

It's just that, what happened awhile ago, it keeps repeating into my mind.

I stopped for a while...... breathing in...Breathing out.... I haven't notice tears are falling. But why?

I wipe my tears and then run again...this time through the path home.

When I arrived there, I felt more nervous than anything. I slowly opened the gate. I was thinking should I knock or should I just climb up to my room? 

I guess it would be better if I climb up. I slowly and quietly moved so that nobody will hear me.  I was able to do so but I created a bit of noise. The flower pot fell. Oh goodness. I tried to clean it up as quietly as possible. And then the someone opened the door of my room. Oh my goodness. I tried not to make a noise...pretending that nothing happened. But oops! he also switched on the light! I was then able to see a full view of who he is. He's my older brother~~Kazuhiro. He's been studying in London for like five years now and he's here!!!

"Onii-chan!!--"

He went near me <so fast>. 

"Be quiet. Okaasan and Otoosan do not know that you came home "very late."

"Really?"

I whispered.

"Yes. Take a bath as quiet as possible. I'll clean this up."

I smiled. As always, he takes care of me even now that we are older. He was the one, who carries me on his back when I get injured or just too lazy to walk. Often, he would sleep beside me when we're young because I couldn't sleep on my own. I was afraid of the dark.

After taking a bath, I saw my clothes on my bed with a note on it.

"Let's talk tomorrow. Sleep well. I love you.

Kazuhiro"

I smiled again. I combed my hair, blow dry it and slept.

At 8:00, I woke up. I saw the note of my brother to me. I am still holding it. So without fixing myself--combing my hair, brushing my teeth,etc--I went out my room and looked for brother. I saw him in the kitchen with my mother.

"Onii-chan!!!!"

I embraced him.

"I miss you so much!!"

Mother looked at us and smiled.

"Happy Birthday, Akiko." 

I stood up and smiled.

"Thank you, brother."

"I have a gift for you. Come upstairs."

Mother suddenly said.

"Akiko."

"hmm?"

"Happy BIrthday, I guess you'll be spoiled by your brother again."

She said ..Laughing at me.

I hugged her and said.

"Okaasan, I am already spoiled by you." I smiled.".....and, what you're cooking is so delicious.." I laughed then I followed brother.

"Come."

He said...telling me to come in his room. It's been five years since I've been with him in this room.