The beginning of the end(part 1)

Min Mi's POV:

That day, I arrived a bit earlier than usual at the café to find it closed. A notice was hanging from the handle: Closed till Tuesday. I paced up and down the street while I waited for Hoseok to come. It was already 8:15 p.m. He was never late to one of our rendezvous, this made me anxious. I decided to call him.

After the third ring he finally picked up.

"Hey sunshine, where are you? The café is closed", I said as soon as he picked up.

"I'm so sorry for making you wait, jagiya, but there was an accident and I'm stuck in traffic. I'll be there in 10 minutes", he said.

"OK, I'll wait for you in front of the café, let's grab something to eat when you arrive", I replied and hung up.

I continued to walk up and down the streets while messaging Eun Ji; she must be catching up with work or binge-watching dramas again

"Eun Ji-ah, what are you up to?".

I waited for her reply but instead she called me.

"Aren't you supposed to be on a date?", she asked me. I could picture her puzzled look and pouted lips as she said those words.

"Well, Hoseok is stuck in traffic so I decided to check up on you to kill time", I countered.

"I hope you're in a safe place with lots of people. Don't roam in dark alleys", she warned me.

"I know, I'm in front of the coffee shop right now but it's closed... and it's so cold, I'm almost shivering", I said through gritted teeth.

Meanwhile, Hoseok arrived and waved at me while getting down the taxi.

"Oh, Eun Ji, I have to go, he's here. Annyeong", I hurriedly say and hung up.

I ran to Hoseok and hugged him, his arms wrapping tightly around me. I've missed him so much.

J Hope's POV:

The traffic tonight was not as fluid as it used to be at this hour. I was growing impatient as I thought of Min Mi waiting for me alone.

"Why are we not moving?", I asked the taxi driver as the car came to a halt once again.

"There was an accident further down. It'll take a while", he responded.

"Oh, okay", I sighed and looked outside. The city lights were filtering through the window of the backseat and illuminated the car's interior with a blueish hue.

My phone rang. I'm sure it was Min Mi even before seeing her name pop up on the screen.

"Hey sunshine, where are you? The café is closed", she immediately said after I picked up.

I'm so sorry for making you wait, jagiya, but there was an accident and I'm stuck in traffic. I'll be there in 10 minutes"

The car finally moved and we passed by the accident site.

"OK, I'll wait for you in front of the café, let's grab something to eat when you arrive", she said and hung up.

I pulled up my jacket's zipper as I prepared to get down. We're almost there, I thought as the car sped up.

I got down in front of the café and waved at Min Mi who was talking on the phone. As soon as she saw me, she hung up and ran towards me. She hugged me, her head resting on my chest. I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her closer.

Min Mi's POV:

Hoseok and I went to a nearby restaurant to have dinner. I was really happy to see him but I still wasn't pleased with the way he was starting to neglect his priorities because of me. I don't want to be a distraction for him and the group. Besides, it must be tiring for the others to constantly cover him every time so he could sneak out. As much as I love him, I'm willing to sacrifice our time together so that he could focus on his work.