Chapter 32

I have dedicated this chapter to AnneSbyVinterPoulsen for being an amazing friend<3

Chapter 32

"We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves." - François de la Rochefoucauld

I didn't realize I had fallen asleep before I woke up by Rose entering the room. It was now dark outside and I knew I had been asleep for hours. "Sorry I woke you. But all my things are in here, so I couldn't really sleep anywhere else. Go back to sleep I'll just get my things for tomorrow." She told me giving me a small smile.

"No way. It's your room. Just lay down and sleep. If it's okay with you I would like to stay. But for now I think I'll have some food." I told her getting up. She had gotten under her duvet and was sitting up looking at me.

"Are you okay Lea?" She asked me looking so serious it almost made me laugh.

"I think I am." I told her walking over to her to kiss her forehead. She laid down and I put the duvet around her before leaving the room walking down stairs to the living room.

Dana was watching the new episode of Hart of Dixie, but when she saw it was me she paused the TV and turned around to look at me. "Hi hon. Did you sleep okay? I saved you some food." She told me as I sat down beside her on the couch. "Oh and by the way. I would call Jake if I were you. He send a message around to the whole pack asking if anyone had seen you. Apparently you didn't answer your phone, Nate said you weren't home, and he couldn't get to you though mind link. So he kind of panicked. I told him you were asleep here, I didn't know what you had told him, so thought it would be safer just to say you were sleeping. That boy is really smitten by you I must say." She informed me grinning. I got up to find my phone and she turned to continue watching Hart of Dixie.

I found my phone and walked out in the kitchen where I jumped up on the table and dialled Jake's number. It didn't ring more than once before he picked up.

- "Lea. You gave me a shock. You said you were going home and then no one has seen you. Please don't ever do that again." I could just imagine a scowl on his face and couldn't help but smile

-"Something just came up and I ended here. You can't panic like that every time I'm not around and not answering my phone." I told him letting out a sigh.

-"Well something could have happened to you. With your kind of job you make a lot of enemies." He defended himself.

-"Okay, okay. But Jake honestly I'm just tired and want to go to bed." It wasn't a complete lie, I didn't have the energy to argue with him right now.

-"Okay babe. Want me to come and pick you up?" He asked in a quiet voice.

-"No thanks, I'll just sleep here."

-"Okay sweet dreams love." He said and I could just imagine him giving me one of his wonderful smiles.

-"Sweet dreams." I said hanging up before walking back into the living room.

"How are you feeling hun'" Dana asked me and I let out a sigh of frustration.

"Why does everyone keep asking me that" I almost growled out.

"Because people care about you. And you don't seem to be okay. Do you want to talk about that man?" She asked me with that worried face only mothers can make.

"I don't know what to say. Have you ever thought about my past? Why I am like I am?" I asked her feeling a knot form in my stomach with the thought about everything that happened today.

"Not really. I mean yeah I have wondered where you have come from for you to be what you are. But honestly, it's the lovely woman you are I have had my focus on. I remember like it was yesterday when you got here all scared and wouldn't let anyone close to you, wouldn't let anyone in. It was a pleasure to see you transform from that scared little girl to who you are today." She said pulling me into her arms hugging me.