Chapter 5

Chapter 5

When a chapter of your life book is complete, your spirit knows its time to turn the page so a new chapter can begin. Even when you're scared or think you're not ready your spirit knows you are. ”
― Beth Hoffman

Hours later I land at the airport. I am tired from lack of sleep and not enough food; plus, I’m sure I look like shit by now but I don’t care. I walk out and get the first taxi I could find, and it drives me to my new room on campus. On the way there I just look out the window trying to take everything in and get used to my new surroundings.

The dorm is set-up with either a suite or quad configuration.  I am lucky to get a suite, two small bedrooms with a shared living space in-between.  When I walk in there is a girl standing in the living room. “Oh, hey, you must be my new roommate! I’m Elisabeth Feldman, but you can just call me Lizzie.”

She starts a excited babble that let me speechless.  “My mom told me to bring you home tonight, so I hope you like home made burgers. You’re joining our pack for the next few years right? I'm so glad I ended up having a roommate, I wasn’t suppose to have lived here on campus but when my brother moved here I followed, we’re twins by the way. So this was kind of last minute for me as well” She pauses and looks at me.  

I must look as tired as I feel because concern is written. “I’m sorry.  I’m talking and you must be tired let me help you unpack, and then you can rest.  I’m sorry but I don’t think I can get you out of meeting my family, and you have to meet the alpha as well so you can join. There are a lot of wolves around here, but also humans. So, what do you want me to help you with? All your boxes are on your bed they got here this afternoon.  So, where shall we start?” She asks grinning and putting her hands on her waist. I just stand there total without a word.

This girl has a lot of energy. She has brown hair, a small figure, big brown eyes, and a natural tan complexion as well. She is a tad bit smaller than me and has a really warm smile.

“Hi, I’m Lea Taylor. It’s really sweet of you, but I just don’t have the energy to unpack today. If you want I would love for you could help me tomorrow. I just want to go to the computer. I promised my friends back home I would email them as soon as I got here.” I say sitting down on my bed. I have changed my last name to Maggie’s just in case Luke ever bothered to come looking for me.

We have a nice sized apartment for just the two of us.  On one side of the large shared room there is a sofa and a chair and a small coffee table, and in front of it is a large TV. On the other side of the room there is a kitchenette with fridge, a stove, small counters space, and a small dining table with three chairs

At the end of the room there are two doors, both open. Lizzie’s room is the one on the right and neatly arranged, and the other is … well, mine.

“Of course, here you can just use mine. It will be a lot easier.  Mine’s already set,” Lizzie says as she walks over to a table to get her laptop.

“Thank you, very much it will just be quick,” I say and open my mail. I see Maggie has already sent me one:

Dearest Lea,

We hope it all is going after your plan, and you are safe. We cannot describe for you how weird it was to walk in to your room. You weren’t here anymore or any of your things. The worst part is when we tried to contact you again after we disconnected our mind link, and there was nothing.