The Ninjas

Lloyd decided to take a stroll around the village, albeit, he will be careful since his foot is still healing. The small houses were perfect for a family. The sounds of families laughing as they talked. The sound of children playing with friends.

One of Morro's powers as a ghost, is that he could decide whether he could be seen by someone or not. Also, he could disappear whenever he wants, so that's fun.

"You know, this village is much more peaceful than I imagined," Morro said.

"What makes you say that?" Lloyd asked.

Morro shrugged. "I don't know. I just thought that maybe, sometimes, that there would be some kind of kidnap or murder."

"What the-?!"

"I know, I am soooo dark! Some people shouldn't even be hearing about this, especially someone young like you."

"Pfft-I'm not that young!"

"You're ten."

"I'm old enough to hear about that stuff!"

"Uh-huh, sure..."

They passed by a candy shop, which caught Lloyd's attention of course.

"Look, it's a candy store!" Lloyd exclaimed.

"I know that genius. I'm not blind," Morro remarked.

"Do you have money?"

"Uh, I died with nothing on, so does that answer your question?"

"Kinda..."

Lloyd's stomach growled.

"Looks like someone is hungry~" Morro taunted.

"Shut up!" Lloyd said, his cheeks blushing in embarrassment.

"Now that I think about it, you haven't eaten for like, what, two days?" Morro said.

"I don't know. I don't usually care until I'm hungry," Lloyd said.

"Which probably explains why you're caring that you're hungry right now."

"...Most likely..."

"Anyways, I think we should head somewhere else."

"And where would that be?"

"Honestly, I don't know."

"Then why did you suggest that we head somewhere else?!"

"Because, I've already been here before I died, and the other place I've ever been was..." Morro's expression went somber as he trailed off.

"And the other place you've ever been was..." Lloyd urged Morro to continue.

Morro shook his head. "Nevermind."

"Ooookaaaayy, definitely not weird," Lloyd said as he saw Morro turn his back on him.

"Hey, you wanna talk about it?" Lloyd asked after there was a few seconds of awkward silence.

"Uh, not really," Morro admitted.

"You sure? Because it seems to be bothering you," Lloyd said.

"It's nothing," Morro snarled making Lloyd back away a bit, trying to blink back tears. The last time Morro kinda lashed out on Lloyd, it didn't went well...

Morro sighed.

"Sorry about that, it's just...that...I guess it brings bad memories," Morro said.