Cleaning Your Braces

Do as you normally do when brushing your teeth. Swirl your brush in circular motions around your braces and the opposite jaw.
Once that step is done, get your smaller brush that the orthodontist gave you. Uncap it and wet it from under the faucet. Now take the mini brush and put it between your two brackets. Rub it gently and do it to all the teeth with brackets. (It should be under the wire.) Then go on top of your braces and rub the tops. Then do the bottoms.
Flossing is important to your braces in many ways. It can help get out the extra stuff inside your mouth that even the mini brush can't help. The orthodontist should have given you a small pack with what looks like a plastic needle. Now, it's not a plastic needle, so don't freak out. All you have to do is take that tool and push it in between and through your teeth. Some people have no gaps in between their teeth, so it might hurt. The first few days I did it the stick wouldn't go through. Now I put it in without any problems. Once you get that done (after a few days or so), you can attach floss to the end with a hole in it and that would be how you floss.
Another thing, (this I am recommending) is that you get a special mouthwash made specially for braces and do that every night. It will provide extra help in the back of your mouth where it's hard to get the brushes.

Another thing they should have provided you with is wax. This set comes with instructions, but some people loose it. Also some people might not understand. If the wire from your braces is poking your cheek, that's a problem. It can cause blisters on your mouth. You can tell if it's touching you. It's like having just got a poked with a sewing needle, except in your mouth. All you do is pick one of the tubes of wax and tear off. Little piece. Roll it around in your fingers until it's soft and mushy. For this part go to a mirror. Find the spot you want to put it on, then reach in a press it against it until it sticks. You won't notice it's there, but it'll feel softer and won't hurt any more.

A little bottle of medicine was included also. They give you this so that you don't get mouth blisters while your mouth is adjusting to the metal. I, however, failed to do this section so I did get them and they really suck. So every night you swish it in your mouth like mouthwash, until the container is empty.