Bringing the Teeth Back Together

I know it's been a while, but nothing has really happened with my braces for a while. Until now! My braces are not coming off, but these are some more things that they have added to my braces to help improve them. Actually, two things have happened. I just forgot to write about them.

So this chapter is going to be about when your teeth are pretty spaced apart, and your orthodontist starts to pull them back together into a perfect line. 

Basically, instead of putting on the colorful bands on each bracket, they put on a chain of them that are all connected and go on every bracket. My example is it looked like a 2D chain. These come in colors, and you can decide what color you want for them. Sadly, you can't choose multiple colors. (It's all connected so there can't be individual colors for each bracket.) It one color for the top and one for the bottom. I just did them both the same color.

When you first get them on there will be pressure, and for me it only lasted a day or two, but it differs per person. You need to eat soft foods after you get them for a while, just like when you get your braces changed. Cleaning them will stay pretty much the same, but it will be a little harder to see where food is piling up on your braces, so make sure you do it extra good. 

I know it's a miracle I'm writing again, and I have one more chapter on the rubber bands that they put on your teeth. I'll talk about that in the next chapter. After that, I most likely won't be writing for a long time. I asked my orthodontist and they said that I'm not scheduled to get my braces off until October 2016 (right now it is March 2016), so unless something changes, the next chapter will be the last chapter for a while. I'll talk to you about braces in the next chapter!