(24) I Miss You, Mommy And Daddy

It was a nice and warm Saturday, you were biking around the neighborhood and just having fun like always......except for that part where you hit a tree and almost broke your ankle but that's fine. Your Mommy told you to be back by four but ehhh why should you listen? Like I was saying, you were biking around and stopped when you reached the front of your Kindergarten. You smile to yourself before getting off your bike and entering the kindergarten itself.

There was no one around obviously, you shrugged to yourself before turning around but that's when you remebered something. Lily and Billy!

You ran towards the vent area and tried shaking it open.
"Hellooooo! Lily and Billy! It's me, your good pal (Y/N)!" You yelled into the vent, making an echo.

You see something at the end of the tunnel, it was Billy, he has his hoodie over his head and once he took it off, his eyes widened.

"Ahh, (Y/N)! Just in time! Here I'll help you in" Billy said with a smile before he started crawling towards you and unscrewed the screws on the lid thingy.

When the lid was opened, he took your hand and dragged you inside to meet Lily.
"(Y/N)? You're back!" Lily greeted with a hug, you blushed bright pink before hugging her too.

"I sure am, what have you two been up to?" You say as you let Lily go.
"Like always, planning to escape here with the rest of the kids. We've got a solid plan right now, we just need to figure out the right time" Billy shrugged. Your eyes glows with excitement, I mean you didn't exactly hate being in this Kindergarten but you've gotta admit the teachers weren't really that nice.

"That's great! You guys are so smart, it's like you've been in the same situation before" You say as you turn to Lily. She and her brother gave eachother an awkward look before staring to the side and rubbing the back of their neck.

"Oh-well umm, maybe because we.........have?" Lily hesitated a bit, Billys's eyes grew sad along with his expression.

"What happened.....?" You said in concern, Lily pauses before chuckling.
"It's nothing (Y/N), just bad memories I guess" Lily shrugged with a sad smile, the room was quiet for a moment before Billy broke the awkward silence.

"A-anyways, I'll be over here to work on getting this elevator working" Billy said before pointing to an elevator which you were surprised that you didn't realize it was there.

So there was only you and Lily now, she was rubbing her arm as she looks at her younger brother.
"Billy is an amazing brother, so bold and strong and so innocent! I can't imagine ever loosing him.........again" Her voice grew quiet at the last word, you wanted to question her about it but maybe it's best if you don't.

"Um, here take a seat. Me and Billy found this worn out couch somewhere down here" Lily said before pointing to a dirty couch.

You and Lily walk over there and sat next to eachother.
"Hey Lily? Is it okay if I ask you a question?" You asked her with a reasurring smile.
"Oh......" Lily hesitated, she took a deep breath before releasing followed by her beautiful smile.

"Sure, anything. It's fine" She says, you felt bad now.
"A-are you sure? O-okay well......You a-and Billy live here right?" You asked as you stutter a bit.
"Mhmm, and?" Lily tilted her head.
"What happened to your.......Mommy and Daddy?" Your voice grew quiet, but Lily could hear you loud and clear. She didn't respond at first.

"A-aah! I'm super duper extreamly sorry for bringing that topic up! I should've-"
"No no! It's okay" Lily chuckles, she smiles softly before glancing at her brother to make sure he wasn't listening.

"Back at our old Kindergarten, Billy went missing there. I was scared that he might never come back, and so was our Mommy and Daddy. The both of them started arguing and betting on who's fault it was, it broke my heart to know that Billy's disappearance could affect them so m-much like this.......so I w-wanted to make them happy again! B-by doing my best to make them proud and look for Billy myself. When I found Billy, I was so happy and I o-obviously couldn't wait to tell Mommy and Daddy about the big news! B-but when me and Billy went home....."

Lily paused again, she took another deep breath and smiled sadly. You placed a hand on her shoulder. You see her lips tremble.

"I n-never knew Mommy and Daddy could hate eachother that much.....I g-guess they were pretty good at hiding it from us....." Lily chuckled again, your hand from her shoulder slowly drops down to hold hers.

"I don't know why Mommy and Daddy would blame us for Billy's disappearance, it wasn't his fault......so why would they? Umm, at night. Me and Billy couldn't sleep at all, cause Mommy and Daddy were shouting at eachother too loud, I always think that they were just having a shouting competition! T-to see who can shout louder ya know? It sounded like they were mad at eachother though.....I've never seen them like this, maybe they're having an a-angry competition? At least that's what Mommy said when I asked her....."Lily shrugged, your eyes widened before you grip harder on Lily's hand, you started thinking about your own parents and how much they've sacrificed for you.

"It became really scary at this one night though, Billy got off from his bed and tugged into my blanket and told me he was scared. I told him we could just imagine Mommy and Daddy were just having a shouting competition, just to make him feel better.....But I still remembered when he said he didn't like this competition and how he shouted at me to make Mommy and Daddy stop screaming" Lily's voice trembles.

"I told him, It's okay Billy, when you were gone, I experience this all the time. He then looked at me in the eyes and whispered, Are you not scared at first big sis? I didn't know what to answer, so I just went with the truth. I told him as I carress his cheek, Of course I was scared, and now I still am, but I'm not scared anymore cause now I have a family memeber that doesn't like having shouting competitions. Then Billy sat on my bed next to me and hugs my arm as he said something like.....did Mommy and Daddy not miss me? I told him he was ridiculous, and then I said to him Nothing in this world makes me miss something as much as how much I missed you, and I'm sure Mommy and Daddy feels the same" Lily chuckles again, you felt your eyes start to tear up.

"When we found this kindergarten, we decided to stay here cause we don't want to hear our parents fighting anymore. Especially when we heard Mommy was going to move out and Daddy was getting another 'lady' or whatever, I still remember when Daddy said he regretted us" Lily said before looking at you, you wrapped your arms around her neck. You sobbed and cried as you start to imagine how terrible the both of their childhoods were.

"I......I'm so, so sorry Lily" You said before nuzzling into her neck.

"You should be greatful for having wonderful parents! Just know that whenever your Mommy or Daddy makes you angry, imagine a world without them. And sure, sometimes they can fight and make you sad but hey, I still forgive them 'till this very day cause I know they love me and my little brother very much. And without them, we probably wouldn't be here by now" Lily patted your back.

"Why are you so calm about this Lily? Heh, I thought you might probably cry when you tell this story to me" You said before letting her go.

"Cause.....cause......I know that there are people out ther who've dealt with their parents alot worse. I'm just glad that my parents still took care of me" Lily smiles.

 I'm just glad that my parents still took care of me" Lily smiles

"Oh, I-I see....." You said before your eyes landed on your wristwatch.

"O-oh shoot! It's past four already! M-my Mommy needs me home by now, see you two later!" You yelled to Lily and Billy before waving to them and crawled out.

Lily smiles to herself.
"Bye, (Y/N)....." Lily sighs before she took something out of her pocket, it was her family picture. The picture was so smudged that her parents faces were completely covered and unseen.

"I-I miss you Mommy, Daddy. I'm sorry I couldn't be the best daughter but......at least you thought me to never have shouting competitions with my future love when I have kids!" Lily smiles before hugging the picture tight into her chest.