First kiss?

After I wash the dye out, dry it again and put a black button down shirt on, I walk back into the room to see the Way brothers pondering over a black book. I step closer and they don't notice me- I'm behind them -so I can look over their shoulder at a sketch of Glenn Danzig. It's so good it looks almost like a picture! They seem to hear my gasp of surprise and both turn quickly.

"God Elle! You terrified us!" Mikey exclaims. I hunch my shoulders in a shrug as a response, and he smirks. Gerard just shake his head and points to the drawing.

"What do you think of it?" He asks, his face apprehensive.

"It's amazing! Gerard, you are the best artist I know! You're great!" He grins at that and turns away, blushing.

"Thanks, I love drawing. I do it a lot." He mumbles.

"I can tell! Please say you want to be an artist when you leave school; art college is so for you!"

He beams at that and his face seems to come alive, well, more so than before.

"Yes! That's exactly what I want to do! I can't think of anything better than doing art for a living. Well, maybe music, but that's a form of art too, I'd say."

I nod eagerly and me and Gerard just grin at each other for a few minutes before Mikey snaps his fingers between our faces. But the funny thing is, Mikey can't click. It's like his fingers won't work, they only make this weird wishy noise. I giggle, and Gerard just lifts an eyebrow- sexily, might I add.

"Do I have to show you how to click again, Mikey?" Gerard says, smirking in a really obvious way.

"No! I'm perfectly fine, and not the only person in the world that can't click! I bet Elle can't, can you Elle?"

Once again, I'm in a compromising position with the Way brothers: to click or not to click, that is the question.

And because I'm a lovesick, hormonal teenage girl, I click.

"Ha! See!" Gerard shouts childishly. But if I'm being honest with myself, it's really cute. Really, really cute.

Mikey sticks his tongue out at both of us before turning away to face the corner with his arms folded. One word: juvenile.

Gerard shakes his head and says, loudly, "Well, okay then. Come on Elle, lets finish off these last two walls and then get drawing!"

"Okay!" I exclaim, over enthusiastically, to wind Mikey up.

We carry on painting, filling in the silence with mindless chatter until Mikey jumps up.

"You guys are horrible, you know that? Fuckin' horrible. I feel betrayed, especially by you Elle. But remember, I have information against you..."

Gerard's head shoots up, his eyes wide and alert. "Tell me, tell me, tell me!"

Mikey sends me a sly look and I glare at him. Gerard just looks back and forth between us, waiting for the relief of knowing my secret. When no one speaks, he moans.

"How come Mikey gets to know and I don't Elle? That's unfair."

I bite my lip and go for the 'pity face'. "But Gerard... it's so embarrassing. Mikey found out in a moment of weakness, I couldn't bare it if you found out!" Trembley lip, wide eyes, innocent sounding voice; oh yeah, I work the 'pity face' well.

"Oh, well uh, okay then. It's fine." He goes for a reassuring smile, and I smile back gratefully. Phew!

So we go back to painting, and me and Gerard have to lift Mikey up so he can get to the top of the walls. For such a beanpole of a guy, he's a heavy shit.