New Girl - at School (Hell)

6:30  First day of Hell. Satan's alarm goes off.

6:58  Get up.

7:00  Get into shower.

7:24  Get out of shower.

7:25  Get dressed.

7:32  Dry hair, then straighten.

7:45  Apply make-up. Black eyeliner, mascara and lip gloss.

7:53 Go downstairs for lecture on making friends, doing well in class and not back-chatting to teachers, courtesy of Olivia. Meanwhile; coffee.

7:59  More coffee, a chocolate biscuit and Olivia leaves.

8:00  Knock at the door. Gerard and Mikey are here! The day can begin!

"Hey Elle, ready for the best day of your life?" Mikey jokes. They both look great: Mikey's wearing an Anthrax t-shirt, raggedy blue jeans with a tatty army green backpack on his shoulder. Gerard looks... good...? He's got a black Misfits t-shirt, skinny black jeans, black converse, and a plain black backpack. And bright blue roots, completely contrasting with all the black. His looks astound me.

"Hell yeah!" I shout, fist in the air.

"Now, that's the attitude! I had to drag Mikey out of bed this morning!" Gerard says, getting all animated.

"Just because you want to introduce Elle to everyone!" Mikey retaliates.

"Yeah, I do. But it is the first day of the term, so we don't wanna be late." Gerard replies.

"Or early..." Mikey mumbles, shuffling his feet. He seems really nervous all of a sudden. Is he really that scared? Is there something I should be worried about?

"So, do you wanna go meet Ray and Frank?" Gerard asks, with a kindly smile.

I nod and look at Mikey before grinning back.

We troop out the front door and stroll to the end of the road. We then stand on the corner and wait. Me and Gerard chat about random things, like our favourite pets (both dogs), colours (both black and red, but Gee like mauve as well...?) and favourite lessons (we both like music, art and english!). It's like we're twins!

Mikey stays quiet throughout our bubbly chatter, texting someone on his phone with a frowny face.

Soon though, a battered black volvo pulls up to the curb. A familier faces pops out of the window and Frank shouts, "Get in losers!"

Gerard and Mikey both grin and walk towards the car. I get to sit in the middle of them, while Frank and Ray sit in the front. The stereo is blasting out Sex Pistols 'God Save The Queen' and after some 'hello's' and 'heys' we're all shouting out the lyrics along with Sid Vicious (RIP).

I look out the front window at the neighbourhood whizzing by, and watch as it gets more and more shabby. Me and the Ways must live in the posh area.

The houses look identical, all dirty grey brick and concrete. There's no colour, unless you count the peeling paint on the minuscule children's 'playground' we just passed. That's a rape hotspot, right there.

When the song has finished, Frank turns down the radio and flips around in his seat, so he's facing us guys in the back with his arms resting on the seat.

"So Elle, I hear you're not the only new kid this year. There's supposedly two new guys from England coming over." He laughs. "Maybe they'll have cool accents!"

"God Frank, is that why you've been going on about them all morning?" Ray sighs, not taking his eyes off the road.

"No! I'm just interested in what they'll sound like! I'm not gonna like, show them round them dump them if their accents aren't cool enough! Who do you take me for?!"