Shut the curtains!

Elle's POV

After dinner we go upstairs again because it's only nine. Gerard morphes backinto Mr Hermit again and goes to hide in his room again, while me and Mikey go into his room.

"Wow Mikey. You've got epic taste in music!" We're sat on his small bed, top-and-tailing. I look at the posters on the walls.

"Thanks. Who's your favourite band?"

"I don't have one. I can't choose. I kinda just have a list of all the bands and singers that I love."

"List 'em then!"

"Okay, so erm... Misfits, Green Day, Black Flag, Iron Maiden, Megadeath, The Smiths, The Smashing Pumpkins, Slayer, Morrissey, The Beastie Boys, American Nightmare,Molly Hatchet, Anthrax-"

"Elle?"

I look down to him at the opposite end of his bed.

"Yeah Mikes?"

"I think I love you." He smirking but I can tell he means it, in a friendsy way, not the other way.

"Well thanks Mikes, that means a lot."

"It's true! You are the only person - not counting Gerard - that I know that likes vintage rock! Well, I guess you're probably more like Gee, as those are all of his favourite bands too..."

"Gerard loves those bands as well?"

"Every one you listed, he has told me how great they are. And speaking of Gerard, don't think none of us noticed your little 'footsie tournament' under the table at dinner- because trust me, it was obvious."

"In my defense; Gerard started it!"

"Bull. You think you can get me to believe my brother, who's barely left the house in like, three years would initiate a games of footsie. With a girl?! Oh no, you started it. He's not brave enough to do that."

"Huh..."

Mikey nudges my cheek with his toe. "You like him, don't you."

I stare at the ceiling. "No... What makes you think that? No! I don't like Gerard!"

"Suuure you don't. I see the way you look at him. Now, I've never been much of a matchmaker, but you two should seriously get together. I mean, it's so obvious! You both like each other, you're practically twins, you-"

"He does not like me, Mikey. Come on, get real."

"I am. He so likes you. Now, I don't no whether it's because you're almost the first girl he's ever seen other than the slutty cheerleaders at our school, or because you acknowledge his presense, or just because you're you. But he likes you alright."

"Well, I don't believe you. Why would he like me?"

"Don't ask me that question! I'm just as clueless as you! I don't get it, you're cynical, depressing, crazy, an emo-"

"Hey hey! I think that's enough! And don't judge! Aren't you an 'emo' too?"

"Yeah well..."

"Yeah, thought so."

"You're more emo than me though. You have purple hair, piercings and you dress like an emo!"

"Doesn't emo stand for emotional?"

"I mean the elevated version. The stereotype."

"Thanks Mikey."

"Ahh, don't worry... Gerard's an emo too."

I give him the evils.

"Okay, sorry. Please let me be cupid though."

"No! Please stop going on about it."

Mikey sighs. "Okay... Wait, what time were you meant to be back at?"

I think for a minute. Did Olivia give me a curfew? I don't think so, but I better get going. I still need to unpack.

"I don't know, but I should get back. I need to start on my room sometime."

He's nodding as we both sit up. "Okay, maybe I could come round tomorrow and help?"

"That sounds great, I hate unpacking. But I'm gonna decorate as well. Wanna paint?"

"Sure! Although Gerard would be more suited to the job than me, but I'd love too!"

We walk downstairs and Mikey opens the front door for me.

"Okay! So I'll see you tomorrow then!"

"Okay, bye Mikey."

I wander 'home'.

Olivia's stood in the kitchen with a cup of coffee. Inwardly, I laugh. The only thing plugged in and working is the coffee machine. That's one thing me and my sister have in common; we both have this crazy obsession with coffee.

She hands me the other mug from the counter and looks at me.

"Tomorrow, we're gonna start packing. Do you want me to help you?"

Oh hell no. Olivia helping you unpack is like... eating olives. A horrible experience, one you never want to endure again.

"No thanks, Mikey's comin' over to help me."

She smiles and nods. "Okay, it's good to see you're making friends."

I grunt in response and head upstairs. After all the social activity today, I kinda feel the need to be on my own. I guess you get used to it, after spending the better part of two years alone.

The only things in my room so far are my bed, my wardrobe and my piano. The removal men are going to drop off the rest of our stuff tomorrow. The room feels so empty, but I like that. It means I can fill it with things too make it mine. But I'll have to wait until tomorrow to do that properly.

I go over to my piano. It's been a while since I played- I usually play my bass, as I'm on my grade five for piano, so I play less. I started playing the guitar last year- and took a particular liking to the bass. I like the way it ties a song together. Like, if you take away the bass, the song sounds less melodic.

I start to play one of my favourite songs- This is Halloween from The Nightmare Before Christmas. I love this song so much, I don't really know why though. Something about it just draws me to it.

After playing it - several times, it just never gets old - I get ready for bed.

Just before I climb into bed, I look out the window. It's a nice view: the starry night sky, a wonderfully round full moon, and the Way household. Just as I think about how thankful I am for my new friends, I see the more moody of the two in his window.

He seems to be reaching for something... maybe not. He's taking his shirt off. Ok, I feel like a perv! Watching Gerard get dressed, it's weird.

Just as I'm about to turn away, he sees me perving on him. He looks stricken. I'm sure I look shocked- because that's definately how I feel!

He pulls a confused face at me, crinkling his eyebrows in mystification. (A/N: ohhhh yeaah, super word!!)

I shrug and look down. We're very good at this whole no words conversation thing.

When I look up again, he's smiling. I hesitantly smile back and he grins. Oh thank god! He doesn't think I'm a weirdo!

He then gives an awkward wave and walks away from the window.

I giggle to myself and slip under my covers. I thought moving here would be bad- how wrong could one person be?