Chapter 2: Listen to my voice, it's my disguise

The first time I questioned going for a career in singing over school was when I had to tell my mom where in France Louis and I were going.

"Churchwell? Where's that?"

"No, mom. Courchevel." I bet I said it wrong again because her confused facial expression didn't change.

"No, not that either. Anne, they're going to Courchevel," Jay pronounced correctly as she walked in front of Louis, who was carrying my bags. Louis' mother was very kind to help us quickly organize this trip to France. We were given some time off so we decided to go somewhere right away before we continued the recording of our debut album. The X Factor tour was short but long enough to exhaust us. What came after Up All Night was released was unheard of. We're so thankful for the few days we had in France, because vacationing soon became very difficult. Not as difficult as my mother, though.

"You came from Cardiff yesterday and seventeen hours later you're going again?"

"Get used to it," Jay said.

"How are you so okay with this?" mom asked her but only got an anxious yet brave smile.

Although the point of the trip was for Louis and I to enjoy some alone time, both of us brought a friend. Neither of us had seen our hometown friends in three months. Stan and Johnny came along but it was apparent early on that we had different idea of what the vacation should go like. We rented two bedrooms, both with two single beds. It was so unnecessary because the first two days Johnny and Stan's beds were untouched. After our first night out, Johnny passed out on the ottoman, while Stan fell asleep in Louis' bed so Louis and I shared mine. Our friends knew about us but hated PDA as much as we did, so the thought of us sleeping in one bed was strange, yet nonsensically stressful because after all neither of them saw us. The bed was too small for us, we were uncomfortable so we woke up early, before Johnny or Stan. My French was non-existent – I still had trouble pronouncing the name of the town we were in – but luckily the woman on the phone when I called room service spoke good English. The food arrived and we immediately started a silly argument over food. A weird-looking fruit was on my fruit plate and no one could remember its name.

"I've tried it before and I liked it very much. It's also a new popular flavor of some candy," I said.

"Then name it, sweetheart," Johnny was messing with me.

Louis came out of the toilet so we included him in our discussion. "Louis, you know this. What's that thing I like..." I really struggled to find words.

"Me?" Louis said jokingly but with a straight face.

"That was cute, but I'm talking about a snack."

"Again," he emphasized, then repeated himself, "Me?"

It was dragon fruit. I called to ask.

That night, after Louis had spent the whole day mentoring me in skiing, we opted for a night in. Louis and I ordered room service again and our friends went out for dinner and drinks. We also ordered fancy desserts and drinks, but nothing too unusual, just to avoid discussion this time. We finished our salads and switched to wine; probably not the best idea when your stomach's empty. After one glass of wine and twenty minutes of cuddling while watching French television, we were admittedly bored.

"Should we go out?" I suggested.

"Where would we even go? And why? You're here, I'm here...wine's here," he pointed at the bottle in an ice bucket next to our dinner. "And we haven't eaten dessert yet."

I was laying in his lap. "Your lips are so red," I laughed when I saw him from this angle.

He kissed me. "Yours as well."

"I'll show you." I got up to get the bottle and started drinking from it.

"Okay, love, slow down," Louis took away the bottle from my mouth.

"I'm not Liam. I have two healthy, functioning kidneys, let me live!"

"But still. Let me have some."

"Oh, because you've drank any less!"

We started making out. As soon as I closed my eyes I started feeling tipsy. I was seeing double and I liked it. Two of Louis is a dream.

It was April, yet too cold to be naked underneath a single blanket. I wrapped the bed sheet from my bed around my waist and brought us the dessert in bed. After what had happened, we were more comfortable eating banana split in front of each other. 

------------------------------------------------------

My plan was to write two chapters for each year but although we have loooots of Larry moments from 2010, nothing else from 2010 really inspired me. Therefore, 2011 will be chapters 2, 3 and 4. I felt like I had to write this. As with the photo of Louis cooking, we have one photo of their skiing trip. I love my innuendo in the last sentence, but I warned you I wouldn't be detailing those scenes so get your imagination flowing.

Q: Which song is the title of this chapter from and why does it matter?