𖥸 5 𖥸

{Edited on 04/26/21}

Lapis sat in the grass outside the barn, burying her head in her knees. She knew it wasn't very productive to the search for Peridot, but she couldn't help it. Whenever she thought of the barn, she thought of Peridot. She couldn't seem to stop thinking about her right now.

She had tried her hardest to hold it back, but a few tears fell from her eyes and onto her pants. She had looked everywhere, but still no sign of Peridot. The more she searched, the more hopeless the situation seemed. Where had her meep morp buddy ran off to?

Her thoughts were suddenly interrupted by a distance voice calling her name.

"Lapis!" the voice called out.

Lapis looked up, searching for the source of the voice. It sounded familiar. Was it..?

"Laaapis!" The voice called out again, growing closer by the second. It sounded like Peridot! She wasn't sure if it was her, but in case it was, she needed to check anyways.

"..Peridot?" Lapis mumbled, beginning to stand up. She looked to the sky. Her hopes were crushed in an instant, since it was not Peridot, but Aquamarine, and she was flying in her direction.

Lapis' hopeful smile instantly dropped, realizing that it wasn't who she thought it was. Never in her life did she think she would be so disappointed to see her girlfriend, yet here she was.

Aquamarine flew to Lapis and immediately noticed that something was wrong. Had something happened recently? Why did she look so down?

"What's wrong, babe?" Aquamarine asked as she reached to brush the water gem's hair from her face. "Did something happen? Why do you look so sad?"

Lapis took a deep breath and let out a long sigh. "No, nothing happened. It's just.. Peridot is missing." She buried her face in her hands. "I've looked everywhere for her, but I can't find her anywhere. I'm scared. What if something happened to her? Was is my fault?"

Aquamarine's eyes widened. Had she caused this? She knew the two needed a little time apart, but she hasn't expected Peridot to disappear off the face of the earth.

"H-Hey, it's definitely not your fault." Aqua started, as she sat on her girlfriend's knees. "Tell ya what, today I'll take you to funland. Just you and me! I hear they're having human winter traditions! Those are usually pretty fun! I promise it'll help you feel better and take your mind off things."

Aquamarine knew that it probably wasn't the best time, but as long as Lapis wasn't stressing out over Peridot's sudden disappearance, things would be okay. That was all that mattered at the moment.

Lapis was silent for a moment before hesitantly nodding. "Okay." She whispered as she wiped the tears from her eyes. There would be no harm in taking a short break, right? She probably needed this anyways.

Today was going to be fun.

-

"Is this really necessary?" Lapis asked, looking down at the outfit Aquamarine had picked out for her with slight embarrassment.

She wore a maroon hoodie with two white stripes on each arm along with blue jeans, a black puffy vest, and black boots to top it off. She wasn't sure what the vest and boots were for, since gems had a much higher tolerance to varying temperatures than humans did.

"Awe, c'mon babe!" Aqua smiled and raised her eyebrows. "I think you look great in it." She said as she tugged at Lapis' vest a little.

Lapis blushed, while trying to think of a compliment to reciprocate back to Aquamarine. Unfortunately, nothing could come to her mind. All Aquamarine was wearing was a small yellow parka from the babies' section in Kohl's.