𖥸 3 𖥸

{ Edited on 02/08/21 }

Peridot walked back to the barn, and sat in the corner. She felt a distinct heaviness on her chest from her talk with Steven, which she knew would linger for a while. She tried to ignore it, she had to. But this proved to be harder than she thought. She closed her eyes, and began to imagine a sunny afternoon, hoping that it would take her mind off her current situation.

She took a deep breath, and she allowed herself to fall into the depths of her imagination. It took a minute, but her mind was eventually able to create a calming environment to surround herself in.

She imagined herself sitting on a green hill, with soft grass surrounding her. The sky was a bright blue, bluer than she had ever seen. Fluffy white clouds danced around the sky, making all sorts of numerous shapes and objects. Everything was perfectly balanced, creating that perfect sense of happiness she had been longing for recently.

She imagined Lapis sitting next to her, taking her hand in her own. Peridot would be wearing a green frilly dress, whilst Lapis probably wore something along the lines of a suit. That seemed to be her style as of lately. Then they would sit there for hours on end, doing nothing but enjoying each other's company.

Peridot sighed opened her eyes, remembering it was just a thought. A dream, even. She would give anything for it to come true.

"Hey, Peridot!" A familiar voice called out, pulling Peridot out from her thoughts. "I'm back!" Lapis?

Peridot looked up, to see none other than you guessed it, Lapis. She looked so happy, which made Peridot happy as well. But she couldn't help but wonder what had lifted the blue gem's mood. Did something exciting happen? Did she miss it? She was about to find out.

"Hey, Lapis!" Peridot smiled, waving to Lapis as she gracefully lowered herself to the floor. "What's got you all cheery today?" Lapis tucked her arms behind her back, rocking back and forth on her heels. "Oh, nothing!" Lapis smiled, looking towards the sky. Peridot nearly deadpanned. If Lapis was genuinely trying to lie to her, she was doing an awful job at hiding it. "I'd just like you to meet someone!"

Lapis stepped to the side, revealing another gem. A smaller gem, so small that Peridot hadn't even noticed them herself, and she was known to be quite vigilant. It was an aquamarine! Thr aquamarine had long hair, curly light blue hair, accompanied by a blue dress with diamond crest on the back. The dress had alternating blue and white ruffles underneath, and to top it off her wand wand acted as a bow in her hair.

However, no matter where she looked, Peridot couldn't seem to find the Aquamarine's gem. Maybe it was hidden somewhere behind all that hair. That would be a good technique, but an obvious one nonetheless.

"Hello!" The aquamarine smiled politely, slightly cocking her head to the side. "I'm Aquamarine Facet-1C7I cut 3XA! But you can call me Aqua for short!" Aqua giggled, flying closer to Peridot to get a (presumably) better look at her. "Wow, I've heard so much about you! I'm Lapis' girlfriend! It's nice to meet you!"

Peridot instantly felt her heart sink, as if all her heart had snapped in two. She doubted that was what happened, but it sure felt like it. Girlfriend. She couldn't stop thinking about it. She couldn't show it, though. That wouldn't make her a very good friend, would it? She put on a smile, and stuck out her hand.

"Hey, aqua! I'm Peridot, though you already know that, don't you? Anyways, it's nice to meet you too!" Peridot said, giggling a bit herself. It sounded a little strained, but luckily none of them had seemed to notice. The two gems shooks hands in greetings, as Lapis happily watched the exchange.

After the hand shake had ended, Aqua had turned back to Lapis, starting a casual conversation. Peridot just listened. She wanted to join in, but she couldn't bring herself to say anything. Why couldn't she say anything? She internally cursed at herself for just sitting there. It probably didn't feel awkward for Lapis and Aqua, but it definitely felt awkward for Peridot. She had to get out of there. Now.