𖥸 2 𖥸

{ Edited on 02/05/21 }

Peridot didn't know what to do. Her mind was racing with irritational and panicky thoughts. If she messes this up or waits for long to confess her feelings, she will die. In fact, there was a great chance that she would die due to her crippling self esteem anyways. How was she supposed to tell Lapis like this? She shook her head, not wanting to think those thoughts anymore. It would be better not to dwell on what could or couldn't happen anyways.

She stood to her feet, reaching her hands to brush the dirt out of her hair. She might as well return to the barn, since she had nothing else to do. And wallowing in her thoughts seemed like the worst thing she could do at the moment. She lightly jogged back to the barn, peeking in before entering to see of anyone was awake. They were not.

She knew she would regret it later, but she decided to sit next to Lapis' sleeping form. The idea of watching Lapis sleep was amusing at first, but this quickly grew boring in a matter of minutes. Usually people stirred, talked, or even walked in their sleep, but Lapis dod nothing. She was completely still, and it was a little freaky. It was almost like she was dead, but Peridot knew better than that.

She then focused on the blue gem's face, and all her soft features. She was absolutely beautiful (or at least Peridot liked to think so). Peridot ended up getting so lost in her thoughts about the sleeping gem beside her that she hadn't noticed the petals threatening to burst from her lungs. Peridot had caught on just in time, barely avoiding what could have been a very loud wake up call for Lapis. She swallowed nervously, looking over at Lapis. She was still asleep. Peridot sighed in relief.

A few minutes later, Lapis had eventually began to stir. Her eyes twitched before they fluttered open, instinctively looking up. "Oh, hey Peridot." Lapis smiled lazily upon recognizing her friend. She sat up to rub her eyes. "I'm so glad Steven recommended this sleeping thing to us, it's a great way to pass the time. How long have you been awake?"

Silence. Lapis was confused, why wasn't Peridot answering her? She turned to Peridot, only to find her staring intensely. The strong eye contact was almost enough to make Lapis instantly pull away, but she didn't want to send the wrong message.

She didn't say anything just to see if the staring would continue. It did. Did Peridot even realize she was staring at her? Or how creepy it was? What boosted the creep factor was the fact that the green gem hadn't blinked once. Sure gems didn't need to blink, but that didn't make it any less scary.

"Uhh, Peridot? You okay there?" Lapis laughed nervously. This was getting very uncomfortable very quickly, and she didn't like it. Still not getting a response, Lapis waved a hand in front of her face. That seemed to do the trick, since Peridot had finally snapped out of whatever trance she was stuck in.

"O-Oh, yes! I'm fine, Lapis." Peridot answered, awkwardly making finger guns towards Lapis to hopefully lift the tension. Oh, stars! How long had she been staring for? She couldn't tell. All she could do was hope that she didn't come off as creepy, which was unfortunately most likely what had happened.

"Ooookay, weirdo. That's good." Lapis joked in an attempt to lighten up the mood. It had worked, since her remark had make Peridot giggle. Her response had made her giggle as well, which had caught Peridot's attention. Peridot loved hearing Lapis laugh, she loved it when she was happy in general, since that didn't come around often.

Peridot's mood was instantly killed when she felt a tickle in her throat. It made her think about Lapis more than she already does. She desperately wanted to tell Lapis how she felt and get it over with already. She wanted to hug Lapis tightly and never let go. She wanted to be Lapis' reason to smile.

Peridot's train of thought was suddenly cut off when Lapis stood up. " Oh! Peridot, I've just remembered that I've got some gems I need to hang out with today. Don't worry, I'll be back soon. Don't get too lonely without me!" Lapis laughed, as her gem began to glow while she summoned her wings. Peridot wanted to say so many things, but all she could do was nod.

⌈ Hanahaki - Lapidot ⌋ COMPLETED ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें