Chapter 15

Chapter 15 :

Kylie's POV :

I sat in my room , well the guest room in the Shadow Shine Pack's mansion which was apparently MY room now. Everyone else , including Mr. and Mrs. Phile were in the room sitting either on the bed next to me , some on the floor and the rest on bean bags , chairs and sofa.

I waited for Den to start his explanation. The thought of me being a werewolf was now slowly settling inside.  I wasn't angry at Hayden nor was I pleased that he hid it from me. But maybe there really was a genuine reason behind it. I somehow felt as a part of the group now more than ever, maybe because I was 'one of them now'.

"Any day now Hayden?" I said impatiently. I wanted to know what had happened and how Hayden knew about this , about me , considering we aren't actually related .

"okay...here it goes...just don't interrupt me till I have finished. All remaining questions will be answered later, after I'm done ." he said and we all nodded.

"Kylie the first time I met you , it wasn't at the orphanage. I was actually present in the hospital when you were born."

My eyes went wide . Hayden had seen me when I was a new born? How ? I had so many questions in mind but I didn't interrupt him. I just nodded my head asking him to continue.

"You see  our parents were best friends Ky. They were as close as a family would be. When I saw you that day in the hospital was actually the first time I took an oath to protect you . The minute I saw you , you became my sister. I used to come around your house and help your mom by looking after you. I was only 5 then but your mom would place you on the sofa and I would sit by you for hours talking all kinds of nonsense. When I turned 7 mom came home one day looking disturbed . I told her I was going to see you but she stopped me and told me to go back to my room. I threw a tantrum but mom didn't budge. I wondered what had happened and why mom wasn't letting me go see you when she loved you just as much. That night mom and dad came into my room and sat next to me. I was extremely pissed of  but I still listened to what they had to say."

~Flashback~(3rd person POV)

"Hayden honey! I know you are upset with me for not letting you go meet Kylie but I had a reason. Are you willing to hear me out?" Hayden's mom asked him running her fingers through her son's hair.

Hayden just nodded.

"Well there has been a problem honey. Remember  how I told you that we are werewolves and so are Kylie and her parents?"

He nodded again.

"well  now someone else knows too. They are called hunters. They catch and kill all werewolves because they are scared we will hurt them."

"but we wont mommy!" Hayden says looking frightened , not for himself but for Kylie.

"I know baby but they aren't willing to listen and understand us. Our lives are in danger. Especially the parents. I need you to take care of Kylie, if anything is to happen to us ok?"

"I will always mommy. But what will happen to you?" he asked innocently.

"Hayden. The hunters have found us and it wont be long until they track us down. We have a plan and you are a big part of it. Do you want to know what that plan is?" Hayden's dad asks him.

Hayden nods his head eagerly.

" Well Hayden if anything is to happen to us and Kylie's parents at the same time. You both will be taken to the same orphanage. You should befriend Kylie again . Now no one must know Kylie is a werewolf because she doesn't know it yet. You both must leave the orphanage together and only if and when Kylie stars to show signs of being a werewolf you should tell her what she is. We had left our pack for a normal life but I think that was the biggest mistake we have made. I wish we could protect you some how but right now all we have to give you is this" Hayden's dad says taking out a long cylinder bottle.

"what is that daddy?"

" One drop of this liquid on your body will prevent you from being found out by the hunters. It will mask your werewolf scent. Kylie's dad and I have been working on it for years and now I am giving it to you. Over the next year I will teach you how to make more of these and train you. In the beginning of every month you have to somehow get a few drops of  this liquid on Kylie and no one will find out what she is."

"But you have to promise me Hayden , you will be a strong boy and will look after yourself and Kylie . Also for safety reason you will not be going to their house anymore. You will stay at home and learn how to make this with your dad and train so you are capable of looking after both you and Kylie." Hayden's mom said hugging him to her chest as tears rolled down her and her husbands face. That night they all slept together in Hayden's room awaiting their future

~END OF FLASHBACK~

"And after that everything went according to plan. Our parents died in a "car crash" and we got sent to the same orphanage center . I started getting to know you all over again and we left years later. Till now...your wolf hadn't shown any signs of existence and I had begun to worry . But Dr. Sharma  has diagnosed you as a werewolf now. All we have to do is train you to be mentally prepared and you will soon be ready for the change." Hayden concluded.

I was speechless. It was all planned out. Mom and Dad hadn't died in a car crash they were murdered by these 'hunters'.

"one question Hayden. How did you get the liquid on Kylie every month?" Mr. Phile asked Hayden.

"I had mixed it in her perfume so the drops lasted longer than a month as she used little almost daily" he said.

"and how did you make more? I am sure I would have noticed if you were making it at home!" I asked him.

Hayden just grinned and started to rub the back of his head nervously.

"well umm....u see..... okay fine....I broke into the school and used the chemistry labs to make the liquid"

"and while we were at the orphanage?" I asked

"I used to stay back an extra few minutes after lab and prepare it. I cant believe no one caught me during those times." Hayden said grinning sheepishly.

I just smiled at him and reached forward to hug him. No matter what, Hayden was still my brother and I loved him. He did everything to save me and I am glad that it happened.

I let go of him and sat back down on the bed. Hayden looked very relaxed now. I am sure it was tough carrying so much burden around for years.

"can I ask one more question?" I asked them.

Mr. Phile nodded.

"How have I started showing signs after so many years?" I asked.

They all went pale at my question. I had a bad feeling about this.

"I don't know if we can tell you Kylie. You just got to know a lot about yourself and this would be another major bomb on you. I don't know if you can handle that." Hayden said placing his hand on mine.

"I wanna know Hayden. Please I just want to know" I said and looked at all of them.

"well!" Alice said seating  placing her hand on my arm "your mate got your wolf to become alive again."