Chapter 16

Standing right in front of me, was Kai. "I'm tired of waiting." Kai said as he drew out his sword. "Your Majesty." Daegu tried stepping in front of me, but I shoved him back. "No... I know for a matter of fact you'll get killed." I took a deep breath and turned towards Kai. "If you're going to kill me, save your breath. Just take me." I said and Kai walked close to me.

"Take you? Jin will never get to see you. I love you Nissa." He said as he played with a strand of my hair. I slapped his hand and looked up in his eyes. "You deceived us all. Even Yane, what do you think about that?"

"It was bound to happen soon. Jin offered me a great reward and if I kill you, I'll be sitting right next to him at his throne."

"You are such a dirty, rotten man. I hope you die."

He laughed at my words and grabbed my arm. "I'm finishing you off tonight. If you want your stupid friends to live, meet me by the river at dusk." He shoved me back and walked off. Daegu grabbed me, keeping me from falling down. I clenched my fists, "He's gonna get it." I said as I stormed off. I went back to the hospital and Yane and Hiro were the only ones sitting on the couch in the living room.

"Where is Malin and Riko?" I asked Yane as I sat down next to him. "At some restaurant or bar. I don't know and I don't care," He closed his eyes. Should I tell him about Kai? It would be best to not worry him. What about Cyan? I have to leave him... I got up and walked to Cyan's room. I walked in and closed the door behind me. Cyan was still asleep and I took a seat besides him.

"Cyan..." I whispered and tears started forming in my eyes. I'll be dead tonight... I hope you forget me. "Cyan... What if I'm making the wrong choice? I want you guys to live... Oh Cyan, I'm going to miss you and Yane... Kai... I have to meet him..."

Tears rolled down my cheeks and I stared at his face. "I love you so much... He said he was going to finish me off... Just know... That I love y-" He placed his hand on mine. His eyes were still closed and I saw a tear roll down his temple. "Cyan..." I put my head down on the bed and sobbed. "Nissa..." He whispered and I lifted my head up to look at him.

"You need to tell Yane."

"I can't... I have to handle this alone."

"Tell Yane." He tried getting up, but I pushed him back down. "Yane! Yane!" He began yelling and I covered his mouth. Yane rushed in, "What?!" Cyan bit my hand and I pulled it back. "Ow!"

"Tell him now! Before I do!" I shook my head and more tears rolled down my face. Yane looked at me with concern, "What is it?"

"She has to meet Kai tonight." Cyan said and I looked down. "He said he's finishing her tonight," he grabbed my hand and squeezed it. "Nissa. This is serious." Yane said and I closed my eyes. "You go with him tonight and we'll be your back up. We'll follow you secretly, we'll surround you. Me and Hiro will be on one side and Malin and Riko on the other, how does that sound?"

I shrugged my shoulders and Yane placed a hand on my shoulder. "I wanted to do this on my own." I said as I got up and faced Yane. "You're the princess of Urina, we can not afford to lose you. You keep forgetting that you have a throne to take back, stop trying to do things on your own. Sometimes you're going to need help." Yane said back as he sighed. I nodded and looked back at Cyan and he smiled. "Get out now." Cyan said to Yane and we all laughed. "Okay okay," Yane put his hands up and walked out, closing the door behind him.