Chapter 9

After hearing about Malin's life story, I felt as if I was a little closer to him. "Malin." I called to him. "Yes?" He answered. "Can I ask you something?" I asked him and he sighed, "Alright. What is it?"

"Well, I've tried asking everyone else, but no one tells me, maybe you can... But, why am I getting chased and hunted down?"

"I'm afraid I can't tell you..." He said and I looked down. "Well, I'm not gonna stop asking! One day I'm going to find out!" I said to him and he nodded. "Yes, one day you will, but now's not the time." He said ever so gently. I nodded my head disappointedly, I really wanted to know.

Cyan came back finally, with tons of bags. "Whoa... Pack them in the suitcase over there in my room." Malin said and Cyan nodded. I stood up and helped him. I was alone with Cyan in the room. "I found out, we are actually going to move to the Sugar Crystal. N.P.S is going to have a temporary shut down and we're moving to a new district. Hopefully, by moving there, it'll get us closer to Jin." He said and I nodded.

I don't want to leave, I'm going to miss my place I grew up in. "I don't know what your size really was, but I bought you clothes and new shoes." Cyan said as he tossed me a bag with the clothes in it and kicked a box as it slid across the floor over to me. "Change into them. They'll really help you move more." He said and I nodded as he walked out the room, closing the door behind him.

I pulled out the clothes. It was red pants and a white button up shirt with a pocket that was sewed over the breast. I changed into the clothes and to make it look better, I tucked in the white shirt. I opened the box and brown boots were in there. I put them on and tucked the red pants in them. To complete the outfit, I tied up my hair.

I walked out and Cyan and Malin stared at me in admiration. "Gosh... So hot..." Malin said and Cyan smacked him on the head. "You look fine. Alright, let's get moving, Yane is waiting for us in the forest with horses." Cyan said as he went into the room and brought out the suitcase. I kept the hairpin Jaehul bought for me and I placed it in my hair.

"We got to move before it gets dark!" Cyan said as he walked out the house. I closed the door behind them and locked it. Cyan carried one end of the suitcase while Malin carried the other end as they ran. I ran to keep up with them. Cyan was right, I could move so much better in these clothes. I began to run ahead of them, enjoying this nice run.

I reached the forest and saw Yane and Kai with two other men that looked like servants and lots of horses. Cyan and Malin finally arrived and latched the suitcase onto the horse Cyan got on. Malin hopped on another horse. "Glad you guys can make it in time!" Yane said as he got on a horse. The two other men hopped on the horses. Kai got on the last remaining horse.

I stared at all of them as they watched me. There were no other horses for me. "It would be best if you rode with someone. Hurry and pick someone." Yane said and I nodded. I would've picked Cyan, but I shouldn't be a burden to him, so I walked over to Kai and looked up at him. "May I ride with you?" I asked him and he nodded. He held out his hand and I took it as he helped me up on the horse.

"Alright let's go!" Yane yelled. Everyone's horses began galloping fast. I wrapped my arms around Kai tightly, I hated riding on horses. No one stopped until the sun began to set. Yane was the first one to stop his horse and everyone stopped theirs after. "Let's set up a campsite here until dawn." Yane said and we all agreed.

Everyone got off their horses and Kai jumped off his. I looked down, it felt like a long way down from this horse. Kai held up his arms, "Just jump, I'll catch you." He said and I nodded slowly. I lifted my right leg over the horse so that way my body was fully aligned to Kai. I took a deep breath and I let my self fall and Kai caught me, just like he promised.

I placed my hands on his shoulders and his hands were on my waist and my feet were still off the ground. We looked at each other and we both smiled. "Thank you..." I told him. "You're welcome." He said as he placed me down. "By the way, you look good in those clothes." He said and I blushed. "Thank you," I said.

"You're very welcome," he said as he pulled away and began walking towards the others. I walked to the front of the horse and I gently petted it. I turned to my right and I caught Cyan looking at me. I quickly turned away and kept petting the horse. "Sometimes... I really wonder why I'm here, but like, I always have this feeling as if I belong here, you know? Like, I have some kind of duty to fulfill." I talked to the horse.

It neighed softly as if it was talking back to me. I smiled and hugged the horse's neck. "Hey. We're all gathering to eat." Kai said as I turned around to look at him. "We also stopped by a lake, if you want to bathe." He said and I nodded. He smiled at me as he touched the side of my face. "Let's go eat." He said as he grabbed my wrist and pulled me to where the others were.

There was a bonfire in the middle as we sat in a circle around it. I sat down slowly on a rock and Kai got me a bowl of rice and he handed me chopsticks. "Thank you," I said to him as I took them from his hands. I looked around and saw Cyan, he was sitting on the opposite side of the fire. He had his head leaned over his bowl of rice as he took several bites.

"What'll happen to N.P.S?" Malin asked Yane. "Well, we're moving to Sugar Crystal district, but it'll only be temporary until we get our hands on Jin, or maybe just close. During that time period, we are shutting down N.P.S and any access to it." Yane explained and we all nodded. I couldn't stand being this far away from the town. I hardly touched my rice and I put it down on the ground as I got up and walked away from the group.

I sighed out loud as I walked to the horses that were tied to the trees. "Hey there..." I said as I pet the same one. "I just... Needed some time alone, maybe talk to a horse, because I can't talk to these ninjas. They won't really understand... But, I really miss home and..." I sighed, never finishing my sentence.

"Nissa." Someone called my name and I turned to see it was Kai. "Kai..." I said back and he walked up to me. "Understand...? I know what you're going through..." He said and I looked away. Is he going to tell me his life story? "Ever heard of the Rain district?" He asked and I shook my head.

"Well, I was born there. I grew up there all my life. My family was poor, so I had to learn to steal. Yane went there to visit and I tried to pickpocket him, but he caught me and took me to his house and scolded me. Not just that, but he threatened me. Anyways, he sat me down and talked to me about the ninjas he trains and how I would make a good one. I ended up joining, killing some of Jin's soldiers that were there. Jin wanted to control the Rain district, so he put his soldiers there to keep us from rebelling.

"After I killed some, Jin found out and sent forth more soldiers to take down us ninjas. We ended up winning once more, but instead, Jin burned down the Rain district. The district that I grew up in, was gone. Talk about setting fire to the rain." He said as he chuckled and I laughed along.

I put a hand over his shoulder. "I'm very sorry... What about your parents...?" I asked him and he sighed. "What can I say? They burned with the town." He answered and I looked down. He lifted my chin up with his two fingers, "Hey, it's okay. I've learned to accept losses and move on." He said and I nodded slowly. "This journey might be a little long, but how about we make it fun? I'll teach you how to use a sword." He told me and I smiled weakly. "Yeah. Sounds like fun," I said. "I'll also teach you how to ride a horse too, how does that sound?" He asked. "Sounds... Very challenging," I chuckled nervously.

He placed a hand on one of my hips and patted it. "I'm sure you'll do fine." Kai smiled and I smiled back and I gave him a hug. He hugged me back as he ruffled my hair. Over his shoulder, I saw Cyan standing there looking at me with his orange eyes. They seemed darker than usual and I looked away, towards Kai.

Kai wasn't a bad person at all. I actually enjoyed his company and he always made me feel better.