Chapter 3

I'm still avoiding Cyan right now. I feel as if I just speak a word to him, he'll snap at me. I decided to clean around the house while Cyan sat against the wall, watching me with his mean, cold, bright orange eyes. I did not dare make eye contact with him, but I felt his stares piercing through me. I finished sweeping the floor and wiping the table. Someone knocked on the door and as I went to answer it, Cyan grabbed my arm. "We don't know who it is. Go wait in the bathroom." Cyan whispered and he pushed me towards the bathroom door.

I nodded and walked in the bathroom closing the door behind me. I heard Cyan open the door and I heard the sound of boots and the clinking of metal. I know that sound... Guards. I closed my eyes and hoped that they would go away already. "Have you seen this girl?" One of them asked as I heard the sound of paper rustle. They're looking for me... "Nope. Haven't seen her around." Cyan said steadily. His lies were so believable, it sounded as if they weren't lies at all.

"We still have to search your home." Another one said. "Sorry, but I can't let you." Cyan refused.

"If you do not cooperate with us, we will have to arrest you." A guard said.

"I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to refuse the search and the arrest." Cyan said.

"Then, we will have to execute you ourselves." As the sound of swords scraped against their scabbards.

I held my breath as I listened closely to what was about to happen. That sound, made me shiver, it made me remember the day of when my father and mother were killed. I leaned too far and I knocked a candle off a shelf and the cande fell into the toilet. "In there!" One shouted.

"I can't let you pass." Cyan said calmly as I heard the sound of chains rattle. The bathroom door slid open with a great amount of force, and there stood a guard, looking at me. He grabbed my arm and yanked me toward him and I screamed. He lifted me up and threw me over his shoulder. I started kicking and moving, trying to get him to let go of me. Cyan killed two of the guards and was coming after the last two. The guard carrying me and the other beside us were starting to run. Cyan threw a blade and it hit the other guard and he fell to the floor.

I bit the guard that was holding me, hard on the ear and he dropped me on the ground. I hit the floor with a loud thud and I groaned in pain as I watched Cyan choke the guard to death with the chains he held. Cyan picked me up and he ran to the forest. We got inside N.P.S safely, Cyan put me down and we walked into the large room where all the others were gathered. "Cyan? Nissa? What brings you two here?" Yane asked.

"Guards are still searching for Nissa." Cyan answered him.

"We barely got away." I chimed in and Cyan looked me, hinting me to just keep quiet.

"Why do they keep chasing me?" I suddenly asked and Yane gave me a long stare.

"Well, is everyone hungry?" Yane asked everyone, ignoring my question. Everyone walked to a different room and Cyan and I stayed behind. Cyan turned to me, "Why do you ask the most stupidest questions?" He asked me, as his rude words hit me hard. "Stupid? I was only wondering why..." My voice cracked. I wanted to cry, but at the same time, anger bubbled inside of me.

"Stop poking your nose where it doesn't belong." He said rudely as he began to walk and I grabbed his arm. He shoved me off and he looked at me.

"What is your problem?" I asked him.

"You're my problem. Does it look like I want you here? I don't."

"But it's not my fault!"

"It's not my fault. It's not Yane's. It's not Malin's. It's not Kai's. It only leaves room for you, only you." He said and his words hurt me. "You know, you only make yourself believe I'm at fault." I muttered and Cyan grabbed my shoulders. "Tell me how!" He yelled in my face. I fell silent and he scoffed as he started walking away.

I spoke up, "Y-you make yourself believe it's my fault... Because you don't accept me..." I said to him as I felt my voice grow tiny. He paused, but he didn't look back at me. I stared at him as he began walking again and disappeared into the room where everyone else was.

"Where's Nissa?" I heard a voice ask.

I sighed as I stood there and hung my head. I can't stand Cyan. I just, I don't know what I'm going to do with him. Malin came out and walked up to me. "Aren't you going to eat?" He asked me and I shook my head. "I'm not hungry," I answered him as I walked over to a chair in the corner. "What's wrong?" He asked.

"I don't want to go in there."

"Oh... Is it because of Cyan?"

"Yeah, he's just so rude and heartless. I can't stand him." I told Malin as I clenched my fists. "Take it easy on him, just a little. He's had it hard in his past." He told me and I sighed. "What could he possibly have hard? He's just an ungrateful, unconsiderate jerk." I said and Malin patted my back. "I'm the one who has it hard. I had to watch my parents die in front of my own two eyes, and I constantly have to be on the run! I hate my life, you know that?" I said as tears flowed down my cheeks.

Malin wrapped his arms around me and I buried my face in his chest. "He's just selfish." I said in between my sobs. Malin didn't say anything, I think he didn't have anything to say or that he didn't want to say anything. Malin comforted me and then I heard a voice, "Selfish, huh?" It was Cyan. "Boo hoo, I'm sorry the world has to revolve around the pretty princess Nissa." Cyan said sarcastically. I lifted my head to see Cyan standing there. "Look, all of us are risking are lives to protect you and you want to call me selfish? I saved you from those guards, but here you are, trying to get the world to revolve around you. We are sick and tired of bowing down to you. You're not royalty, you're a poor girl who came from a poor family that we need to help stop Jin from taking over the world."

I grew angry and furious with Cyan the more he talked. "You didn't have to save me! You should've left me there or you should've killed me as well! Since I'm so poor, what do you guys want with a stupid poor, uneducated girl who's not good enough to do anything?!" I yelled as more tears streamed down my cheeks. Everyone was already out of the other room and were all standing behind Cyan, watching us argue. "You're right, I should've just left you there. And don't ask me why we want you here."

"I hate you!" I shouted as I got up and ran out of the room. I escaped through all of the doors and exited out of N.P.S. It was nighttime outside and in the forest, creepy sounds and shadows lurked. I was scared, but I didn't care as much because I was still overcome with anger. I ran to a tree and I climbed it as fast as I could. I sat on a branch and brought my knees to my chest. The metal doors of N.P.S opened and I saw Malin and Kai run out. "Nissa!" Malin called out for me. "Nissa! Where are you?" Kai's deep voice boomed through the forest.

"She couldn't have gone too far, right?" Malin asked.

"I don't know. Hopefully not." Kai said.

I want to get out of this place, maybe live in the Sugar Crystal district, but how would I run away? I don't even have money to do anything, nor I know self-defense. I shifted to try to get into a more comfortable position, but I lost my balance and fell off the branch. I screamed as I struggled to catch a branch.

"Nissa!" Malin and Kai yelled in unison.