Chapter 14

"Yes, I was lost." Kai said as he gave me a smile. "Now that I've found you guys, I'll continue you the journey. Oh my, Nissa, what happened to your shoulder?" He asked me as he gently placed a hand on my injured shoulder. I flinched in slight pain and I gave him a weak smile. "I was injured when a group of ninjas sent by Jin that attacked us." I told him and Cyan came behind me and grabbed my hand.

"Let's go. We're almost to Blue Dragon." Cyan said and I turned to him and nodded. "Nissa." Kai said and I turned back to face him. "I missed you so much." He said and I looked down. "I... I missed you too." I said back and I felt Cyan squeeze my hand. "Are you still going to ride with me?" Kai asked me. "She'll be riding with me from now on. The incident you had worries us all." Cyan spoke for me and I sighed quietly.

I didn't know what I was going to say to that. I mean, I don't mind riding with Kai, but I'm a little scared now. And only Cyan right now can make me feel safe.

Kai nodded slowly and got back on his horse. Cyan led me to the horse, "Remember, you get on first." He said and I sighed. "Fine..." I said as I gripped ahold of the saddle and Cyan boosted me up. I threw one leg over and sat there until Cyan got up. "So, when can I navigate the horse?" I asked. "If you want to kill us." He said as he grabbed the reins. I laughed out loud and turned my body to face him.

"I'm also good at killing." I said and he laughed as he pulled me closer to him. I turned my body back to the front and Cyan slapped the reins against the horse and the horse started galloping towards the others. As we reached the Blue Dragon district, there was a group of ninjas waiting for us. This isn't good...

Cyan stopped the horse and looked over my shoulder to see what's going on. "Crap." He muttered as he got down and he helped me down. "Stop." A voice called behind us and there was Kai on his horse. He was holding out a sword, pointing it towards us. "You deceived us." Cyan said and Kai just laughed. "Not just me, but also Jaehul, right?" Kai said as he looked at me. I gulped and kept my eyes towards him.

"Kai." Yane spoke up.

"I'm tired of listening to that old man. He doesn't know what the heck he is doing." Kai pointed his sword to Yane. Kai got off his horse and walked towards me. Cyan jumped in front of me, but Kai shoved him out of the way. "All I need is you." Kai said to me as the back of his knuckles trailed down my cheek. "Stay away from her." Cyan said as he shoved Kai back. Kai jerked his sword at Cyan and it the tip of the blade was right under Cyan's neck.

Kai looked at me, "Come with me." He said as he held out his hand. I stared at his hand and took a deep breath. I shook my head, I can't do it. Kai deceived us, he's the bad guy now. "I... I can't..." I whispered and Kai nodded. Kai suddenly grabbed me and I screamed and the other ninjas started attacking us while Kai tried getting me on his horse.

Cyan ran to us and he punched Kai in the face and I kicked him in his man place. He let me go and I fell to the floor. I scrambled behind Cyan as he drew out a sword. Cyan has a sword? I thought he only had daggers... Cyan pointed towards Kai and the clinging of blades began.

I saw a handle of one of Cyan's daggers, it was sitting around his waist. I should help the others... I looked over at the others and they were fighting the ninjas, even Yane. I hesitantly stared at Cyan's dagger and quickly ran to it and pulled it out. I ran to the others and already, a ninja was after me. I cluctched the dagger tightly in my hand as I continued running. Of course, they were faster than me. I really need to get better at running. I stopped and turned to face them.