'six - hot spring'

word count: 922

word count: 922

The Sohma hot spring was the only thing keeping (y/n) alive at the moment. The thought of the hot, soothing water taking away all of the tension in her back sounded delightful.

Valentine's Day was approaching rapidly which brought more stress to her being. She had a few admirers in school and it stresses her every time they directly talk to her.

"I'm so excited to see the hot spring!" Tohru exclaims, clutching her travel bag tightly to her chest. Yuki smiles softly, eyes flickering to the chocolate haired girl.

"It's amazing!" (Y/n) sighs, imagining the hot waters encasing her strained muscles.

She giggles to herself as she remembers a few mishaps that happened here when she was younger. She notices the way the red head glances back behind himself to look at her.

"What're you laughing about?" He asks. Tohru curiously looks over at the cat. He's surprisingly not hostile and actually sounds interested. She basically squeals inside at the boy who is staring at (y/n) with an expression she's never seen before. Curiosity.

"It's just-" she's cut off by her own giggles "I remember when" she laughs again "You and Yuki tried to push each other into the hot spring at the same time" she chokes on her words "And you accidentally knocked Haru in!"

Tohru giggles quietly to herself, imagining the sight of child Yuki and Kyo fighting together. She's so captured by the scene she's printed in her head she doesn't question who Haru is.

Kyo chokes slightly, a red flush crossing his face "Why are you thinking about that!" He whines. Yuki smiles softly and chooses to stay quiet. At the time, Haru had some sort of weird crush on Yuki so Kyo got all of the beatings from black Haru.

_______

"Wow" Tohru gasps as she stares at the large expanse of the hot spring. But it isn't long before Momiji jumps out and gives her a heart attack.

"Hallo!" He cheerily greets and jumps from the large wall, scaring Tohru in the process.

"Please be careful Momiji" (Y/n) smiles at the small blonde boy who is being coddled by a concerned Tohru. He simply smiles back and allows Tohru to worry about him. (Y/n) smiles at the scene.

Yuki and Kyo walk past the trio, lugging their bags into the hot spring building. (Y/n) follows with Tohru and Momiji on her tail, the two chattering away.

Okami Sohma greets the family members quite.. nicely? She smiles and greets the Sohma's with quick hugs and worriedly fussed over Tohru who has no idea how to react. Momiji is quick to drag Tohru away to the changing rooms where she can change.

"Don't fight!" (Y/n) wags a finger between the two boys who simply glare at each other. She sighs "We don't want a repeat of last time" They gulp. Last time they fought at the hot spring, (y/n) had a field day in dragging the both by their ears. Even though they had the capability to easily fight her away, they couldn't help but feel fear for the pure look of rage in her eyes.

"Y-yes"
_______

"I hope you don't mind that I brought my mum" Tohru sets the picture down on the rocks next to the baths. (Y/n) shakes her head as she ties her hair into a loose bun, allowing strands of hair to fall out and frame her face.

"You're mother is very beautiful" (y/n) compliments "Your family must have lucky genes" Tohru flushes lightly at the kind comment. She blubbers a bit as she tries to comment back but (Y/n) simply laughs.

The two sit in silence for a bit, allowing the soothing water to relax their muscles.

"If you don't mind me asking, (y/n)-San" Tohru looks away nervously "What is your relation to Kyo, Yuki and the others?"

(Y/n) perks open a previously closed eye. She hums "I suppose Yuki is like my brother, I would like to say Shigure is like my older brother too but.. he says some things that a brother shouldn't" Tohru giggles at her words.

"Hatori is like a brother too? I'm not really sure.. he always took care of me and sort of treats me like his daughter I suppose but he's a doctor.. he's just doing his job" she sighs as she plays with the water.

"What about Kyo?" Tohru asks curiously. (Y/n) sighs "he was my best friend when I was younger but he just... disappeared for a while and suddenly came back"

Tohru squeaks "I made you sad! I'm sorry!" She cries. (Y/n) waves her hands "It's okay Tohru!"

"Are you sure?" She asks. (Y/n) nods and stands up, ignoring the blushing Tohru "We should get out now"

_______

"Don't you remember what happened last time we played Ping Pong?" (Y/n) folds her arms over her chest, an eyebrow raised. Kyo huffs, swinging the paddle in his hands.

"Yeah so what? We were like seven"

"I beat you and you got so angry you destroyed the doors and walls"

"Just play me!" Kyo whines. Tohru already had her 'go' and Yuki was definitely not playing versus Kyo. That is final.

With a 'tsk' (y/n) picks up the other paddle and quickly strikes the small ball, allowing it to hit off of the table before it bounced past Kyo's shoulder.

"Not fair! You never said we were starting!"

"(Y/n)! one : Kyo, zero!" Momiji giggles.