'one - backstory'

No, you are not related to the Sohma family

No, you are not related to the Sohma family. Not blood related.

Coincidentally, you met Kyo when you were younger. It was one of the few times that Kyo was able to escape the house.

You were around 7 when Kyo bumped into you at a small park. You were occupying the swings that had an overview of the entire park. There were a few other children, some older and defiantly stronger than you.

"I'll be over here, okay sweetie?" You mother pointed towards a park bench that was a little further away from you but you nodded, enjoying the alone time. School was always hectic for you so that park was actually a calm spot for you.

You noticed his orange hair first and then his sparkling eyes. It was like he was never at a park before.

You followed him with your eyes, watching as he went towards the sand pit with a few donated toys scattered here and there. Curiously, he picked up a handful of sand and let it fall through his fingers. You smiled lightly as a small smirk perked at his face.

Unfortunately for him, the kids that encountered him weren't very nice. They pushed him and shoved him, not allowed him to play with the toys they weren't even playing with.

Your eyes widened and you knew you had to do something.

"Hey! Stop hurting him!" You shouted, extending your right hand as you run towards them. They stared at you shocked.

"What are you gonna do about it?" One of the older boys asked, thinking he would get away with his treatment towards towards the unknown boy.

"Well, I'll get my mummy on you then you'll never be allowed back to this park!" You shouted at the boy.

They seemed startled, not realising that there was an adult at the park.

"Fine.." The scattered, some leaving and others staying towards the other end of the park.

The orange haired boy watched in amazement. How they scattered away with fear laced in their eyes.

"I'm (y/n) Haruki! Who're you?" Your smile was so bright, so vibrant. He had never seen the likes of it.

"I'm.. Kyo.. Kyo Sohma" The boy whispered as a dark flush covered his face. No one had ever treated him so nicely before..

"I hope we can be friends Kyo!" You stepped into the sandbox and sat beside the little boy. He casted his eyes down and fiddled with the toy in his lap.

"Do you wanna play with me?" Kyo spoke slowly, hesitant.

smiling brightly, you agreed

____

"Who were you with!" Akita demanded Kyo to speak.

Kyo stayed silent, casting his eyes towards the ground in fear.

Akito puffed "Tell me!" He screamed as he grabbed a painful fistful of Kyo's hair. Kyo yelped in pain.

"(y/n) Haruki.." Kyo cried as Akito let his grip of his hair go. Kyo hands instantly flew to where Akito had pulled.

Akito smiled darkly "I know there is something about her"

____

It was pretty early in the morning and you were out in your back garden playing with one of your dolls. The sun was barely out and your mother was in the kitchen doing some washing up.

"Hello, are you (y/n) Haruki?" A small boy asked as he walked into your garden. Your garden connected to the woods but you never seen anyone come out of them.

"Yes" You smiled against your better judgement.

"I'm Akito Sohma" He introduced himself "Kyo sent me here to come get you" You perked at the sound of Kyos name.

"Really?!" You asked excitedly, standing up.

"Yes, now please come with me"

_____

"Where are we going?" You asked as Akito practically dragged you into the dense woods. Akito stayed silent.

"Shut up, please" Akito hissed as his grip on your wrist got tighter.

"I.. I wanna go home now" You told Akito who laughed.

"You cannot leave! You are the only person outside of the Sohma family who is a zodiac and I cannot let you live so peacefully" A big housing estate came into view.

"And just so you know, Kyo doesn't know anything about this"

_____

"You have to leave with me or else you'll never leave!" You pulled Kyo towards an exit

"You have to leave with me or else you'll never leave!" You pulled Kyo towards an exit. For once, Akito had disappeared from the premises and you could see the light.

Now at 10, you became braver and had befriended the other Sohmas. The treatment you all experienced by Akito was what brought you closer.

"We cannot leave" Kyo seethed as he pushed you away "I don't want you to get hurt!"

"If we don't go we'll never escape!" You shouted back.

The sliding door opened to reveal an older member of the Sohma clan.

"Shigure please talk sense into (y/n)!" Kyo pleaded.

Young, 20 year old Shigure stood solemnly at the doorframe.

"I'm leaving" Now it was your time to be shocked.

"I'm leaving with Yuki, we're going to live together" He explained.

"Take (y/n) with you" Kyo told Shigure as he pushed you closer.

"Kyo you have to come too!"

"No, go (y/n)"