Chapter 9: Jovi

The next night I made sure I looked fabulous.

Although Niall had a girlfriend, I decided it ccouldn't hurt to dress to impress. There was no problem with that was there?

I walked down the stairs and saw the rest of the girls in the living room, grabbing their stuff and deciding to head out. I noticed something.

"Where's Kara?" I asked them. They shrugged their shoulders. I walked back upstairs and saw her door was slightly cracked open. I watched her, not making a noise to see what she was doing. I saw her sitting on her bed, staring out the window. I raised an eyebrow. I looked to see what she was staring at. I saw Zayn sitting on the the bed in the other room just staring back. My heart burst.

Did Zayn and Kara have something going on? This could be amazing for me! If they hung out more then maybe Niall--

Wait a second. Niall was dating Ali Mcginley. I sighed.

Once we were at the boys house, Louis told us we could get in the van. Kara immediately found Zayn and sat next to him. Louis and Eliza sat next to each other in the front seats and Harry begged Lacey to sit by her and she finally gave in. Tessa had to sit next to Liam, which I knew she didt hate him, because he was just a sweetheart.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and I jumped. I turned and saw Niall, looking at his hightops. "Wanna sit together?" I couldn't believe this.

"Sure." He grinned, sliding in next to me. We rode in silence while everyone else talked. We pulled in front of the Haunted House and filed out. A bunch of girls gasped, pointing at us, but none of them (weirdly) approached us. We walked toward the door and I noticed Tessa fiddling with her shirt. I walked beside her and lightly brushed my fingers over her arm. She looked up at me. 

"Im really scared...." She told me with fear. I smiled and nodded my head in Liam's direction. 

"Maybe you could--"

she shook her head and her shiny hair moved in different directions around her head. She walked slowly and he turned, smiling his winning smile at her directed her in his direction.

I knew Tessa must have some feelings for Liam because her face turned red. She hurried beside him. As we waited in line and bought our tickets I saw a zombie approaching us. Oh crap.

**Tessa**

As I waited in line I felt someone's hands on my shoulders ans I screamed in terror. I jumped backward, indistinctly putting my head on Liam's chest, feeling safe for a moment. I heard someone make an awful screaming noise and I turned and ran out so I could escape the zombie. 

I found the back of an old aboned pickup truck and sat in the back, legs dangling. I heard feet shuffling through the gravel. I half-smiled, the sound itself was so calming. I saw Liam poke his head out from the pickup truck. 

"Boo." He said, hopping up beside me. I smiled, looking at my feet. I felt my cheeks getting red, he looked into my hazel eyes. "Soo...you gonna go back in there?" I shook my head.

I expected him to argue but instead he hopped down and held his hand out to help me off. I took it and jumped off and looked at him. "What are you doing?"

He grinned and shook car keys in my face. I gasped. "I stole them from Lou. Lets go get some food."

I giggled, following him and getting in the front seat of the car. We drove, talking about everything. I smiled. He was...genuine. Nothing like I expected him to be.

Once we arrived he helped me out and we walked into the restaurant. The waitress seated us and we ordered and as I was looking into Liam's dark eyes, I saw a dark head of hair across the restaurant. I knew that face. It was Baylee. She saw Liam and I saw her stand up. I gasped but I looked down and realized I was leaning forward at the same slow face as Liam. His eyes closed and lips slightly puckered.

Baylee tapped hi shoulder right before our lips brushed together. 

"Liam, Liam, Liam..." She scolded. He rolled his eyes.

"What Baylee??"

She smiled in a bratty little way. "Trying to make your ex girlfriend jealous by nearly kissing another girl in front of her?"

He rolled his eyes again. "Whatever,"

"Can we talk honey bunches?" She said in sickly-sweet tone. He grinned fakely.

"Sure."

They walked behind a wall and I saw their silhouettes through the fogged glass. The were talking, almost fighting. I decided to save Liam.

When I walked up, I caught a sight of them lip to lip, eyes closed and I knew he was the one who had kissed her. The kiss wasn't forced and his hands were intertwined with hers. I felt tears stream down my cheeks and I rushed out the door, into the cold air, frantically trying to remember which way I could walk to the haunted house. I turned up the dirt path I thought might be the way and walked, crying to myself. What had happened?

**Liam**

I ripped away from Bailey and gave her dirty look, rushing out the door. I caught a vague glimpse of Tessa, running and turning up a road. "Tessa!" I called but she didn't hear me. I ran as fast as I could and onto the dirt road I saw her, sitting in the grass, wiping her tears. I saw a figure approaching her from behind in the trees and I screamed, "TESSA!" and I saw her look up to me, opening her mouth to speak until two arms grabbed her and pulled her from behind.