Chapter 8: Kara

As we walked for moment in the snow in silence, I stared at me feet. Tonight was nothing like I had expected. I thought Zayn was going to hit on me, or at least start some sort of conversation, but he didn't.

I found myself dissapointed he hadn't, and I wondered why. I knew I wasn't falling for Zayn. I had only known him for one day after all.

Plus, I still loved Hayden.

Once we were back at the house, I trudged up the stairs. I walked to my room, and opned my curtains. Just as I had expected. My window had a full view of one in the One Direction boy's rooms. I threw my hair into a ponytail and threw on some sweats. I flopped onto my bed and i saw the light flick on.

I shot up, looking over across the way. I saw Zayn leaning in the window frame, smirking at me.  I let a smile play on my lips and rolled my eyes, walking over to my desk, pulling a notebook from the top drawer. and a sharpie. I wrote on the paper, What the heck are you smiling at?

He smiled and grabbed a sketchbook that was on his bed and wrote, this super pretty girl writing cute little notes to me;).

I couldn't help the fact that a huge celebrity like Zayn Malik thought I was pretty. I had nothing to write, I just smiled a goofy little smile at him. he grinned back. I noticed he was struggling to write, looking quite close to the book. I quickly scribbled, Do you need glasses?

His face turned a shade of pink. Yeah. 

He turned around and shuffled around and grabbed his glasses and wrote, The guys and I are going to this haunted house tomorrow nightyou should tag along!

I turned to look at my door. I don't know, I'm kinda on vacation with my friends.

So bring them with you. He wrote back. I smiled.

Okay, I'll be there.

He grinned and flicked off his lamp. I stood up and pulled my curtains shut. I walked down the stairs and I heard the t.v. blasting Pretty Little Liars. I walked into the room and found the usual. Eliza, Lacey, and Tessa watching it while Jovian raided the fridge.

I smiled. "You guys busy tomorrow night?"

"Please, we have no lives. We're NEVER busy." Eliza scoffed.

"Well, Zayn invited us to go to this haunted house with him and--"

Lacey stopped me. "No way."

I put my hands on my hips. "Why not??"

"Because I hate all of them." she replied. I looked at my toes.

"I think we should go." Tessa said, not bothering to take her eyes off the t.v.

Lacey looked shocked. Tessa always agreed with her. "What??Why?!"

"Because if this is the first move from Kara moving on from Hayden, I say we do it." She replied. 

I scoffed at her. "I don't like him like that."  Everyone burst into laughter. "What?"

"Yes you do." Jovian said sternly. "It's completely obvious." 

"What?? No it is not!" I argued, my cheeks burning. 

"Whatever..." Lacey sighed. "I guess I'll go."

Eliza and Jovian squealed, jumping onto her, hugging her tightly. I grinned and walked into the kitchen to make myself an ice cream sundae and I found myself wondering one thing.

Did I like Zayn?