Chapter 5: Tessa

"Oh. My. Gosh." Jovian said with wide eyes. Her eyes darted toward the other ski lifts that held One Direction on them. I had a strong urge to find a latter when they were the only ones on it and cut the wire.

"He's actually okay..." Kara said, a dazed look in her eyes.

"NO!" Lacey said. "You don't like him do you??"

"Of course not." She assured her. "He's actually nice though."

"What did he say to you???" Eliza asked, not realizing her skis were beneath her, falling onto the know. Jovian snickered and helped her up.

"He didn't say a lot... He kinda was stared at me."

"HOLYCRAPOHMYGOSH." Jovian slurred. "HE LIKES YOU!!"

"Dude...you're acting like one of those people who wear crocs and use Internet explorer." Lacey said, looking at her, concerned.

"I know....gosh I'm sorry!" Jovian giggled and spun around. "Why don't we ski now?"

***LATER***

We got back to the ski house in exhaustion. It had definitely been a long day of Jovian and Eliza chasing after those annoying boys. They ran into them once...while Eliza bumped into Louis and dumped hot chocolate down his shirt.

I have never heard a boy scream so much like a little girl in my entire life!

Anyway, once we got to the door, there was a note taped to it.

Hey there! Looks like were gon be neighbors! You should come over to our house next door so we can get to know each other tonight!

Your neighbors

"Ughhhh. They're probably old grandmas and grand kids!" Kara complained.

"They'll probably smell like that perfume you bought once!" Jovian teased Lacey as she turned bright red.

Once the door was open, we all kicked our shoes on the porch and walked immediately to our bedrooms.

***Jovian***

Once I was up into my room I unlocked my phone to see one text from a contact labeled "Butt Face". I sighed.

Leave me alone Jake.

I sighed and hurried into the shower before anyone else could so I wouldn't be trapped outside the door. Once I was done I scooped up my hair supplies and makeup and threw it on the bed to see a new text.

Why should I? You know you still love me.

Angry, I texted him back with fast thumbs.

NO I DO NOT. LEAVE ME ALONE.

Almost an immediate reply.

You will.;)

I had no idea what that meant, and I didn't want to. I couldn't imagine what he meant.

Once I had blow dried my blond hair, I picked up my blue curling iron and made sure my hair was shiny and in perfect ringlets. I clipped back my bangs that Sarah Lilly had cut back at campus. Ugh. I honestly hated that brat.

I picked up my makeup box and pulled all my makeup out. I decided that if cute boys happened to be our neighbors, it wouldn't hurt to wear a little extra makeup. I looked at myself in the vanity mirror and cringed. I felt so horrible next to all my friends. My saying was "COVER ALL THE UGLY!!!"

I took some foundation and put a little bit on the tips of my fingers. I rubbed it all over my light skinned face and freckles. I hated those freckles. I put some powder and blush on my cheeks and did my eye shadow. I pulled out my 'save for special occasions' fake eyelashes. I pressed them onto my eyelids and blinked a few times. I took the eyelash curler and brought them up and little and looked at my reflection.

Much much better. I picked my favorite sweater I had stolen from Lacey and uggs. I walked downstairs to see that all the others had the same idea as I had. They were all gussied too. I was relieved I was the only one who had curled my hair though.

It had stopped snowing now and we decided to walk over. We walked up to the gate and looked around. We tried pushing it but it wasn't working.

Eliza noticed a red button and pressed it quickly.The gates opened and I couldn't help but daydream.

Ooh what if they have a bunch of food?? My mind thought.

When I realized we were at the door in front of a huge house I hurried and pressed the doorbell. I was hoping for an adorable boy to open the door and mine and his eyes to lock.

Well, a cute boy did open the door.

And that boy, was Niall Horan.