Chapter 16 - The Right Choice

Evelyn's POV

"Oh, I've missed you so much. You have to come and visit again. It's quiet here without you," Alice chirped.

I giggled and rolled my eyes at her. "Of course I'll be coming but I have a situation to sort out first. Alice, I need you and Carlisle. Is he nearby?"

I groaned when I heard her say, "no, I'm afraid he's gone on a hunting trip with Edward and Bella."

I sighed and flopped down onto the ground, then I touched my forehead and closed my eyes. It was silent for a couple of moments.

"Evelyn? What's wrong? How can I help you?" Alice's worried tone rang into my ear.

I drew in a deep breath before saying in a quiet voice, "it''s going to take a bit of time..."

"I have all the time in the world, silly," Alice comforted.

I grinned at her little personalitiy. Man, I've missed her. "Ok, Alice. Something's happened and I don't know what to do about it."

She fake gasped and teased, "you don't know what to do? Then it must be serious."

I blew a raspberry at my phone, which would have looked very weird if anyone had saw me. "Shut up, Pixie." Yes, Pixie was my little nickname for Alice. She reminded me too much of something from Disney.

I smiled when I heard her laugh.

After that...I told her everything.

John's POV

I growled in frustration and punched the wall. I've ruined it. Evelyn talked to me properly  for the first in weeks and I've ruined it. Why did I have to be such an overly confident, stupid idiot? I let out a ragged breath and ran my fingers through my hair. 

I just couldn't stop thinking about her. I never could, right from the start. I've always loved her, even when she was Antonio's...and it was because she was his...that I thought I could never have her. Besides, Antonio was my best friend. I simply couldn't bring myself to hurt him in anyway, and, I guess I knew from the start that they were going to get married.

I was devestated when Antonio's death was announced. At that time, people believed that he was attacked whilst on a hunting trip, little did they know the truth. I'm the type of men that never cries, but when it came to Antonio...I cried like a little girl.

Now that he was gone and the fact that Evelyn was my mate...my true mate, maked things a little strange and even awkward. Could I really take my late best friend's wife? Ha, not just his girl, his wife... Damn, why was fate so twisted up. I can't bare waiting any longer. As the days pass, my love and lust alike for Evelyn multiplys, rapidly too. It was so hard not to grab her into my arms and kiss her senseless this morning. The little temptress made me so hot for her even though I'm a cold skinned vampire. 

When she's in the room, it was as if nothing else mattered. I just wonder why she doesn't feel the same way? Wait, she does feel it but she was rejecting it. I suppose that was fair of her to do so but can't she see how much this is killing me?

I can only pray that in time, she will come around. If she doesn't? I don't know. I nibbled on my bottom lip as I exited my room. There was no point in crying about it now, was there? Just when I had walked into the kitchen, I heard the door open followed by a heavenly scent. Evelyn.

I closed my eyes for a second to savour her sweet, sweet scent. Mmm, she smelled like vanilla and cinnamon. However, I wasn't ready to look up at her yet, so I carried on walking towards the counter...well, more like drag my feet towards the counter and sat on top of it.