Chapter 26 - Memory Lane (Part 3)

Evelyn's POV

Flashback: "Empuje, empuje! Por un poco más, Princess" (push, push! For a little longer, Princess) the royal physician exclaimed loudly. I was breathing heavily and my body was extremely weak. "Yo no lo puedo hacer" (I cannot do it) I gasped. Tears ran freely down my cheeks as the pain of child labour suddenly become too overwhelming. "Sin Princess, debe empujar. Los bebés van a morir de otra manera!" (no Princess, you must push. The babies are going to die otherwise?) she announced, wiping my face with a cool, damp cloth. 

My eyes widened in shock and in the strangled voice, I said, "bebés? Estoy teniendo más de un hijo?" (Babies? I'm bearing more than one child?). The physician moved my legs wide apart and screamed at the helpers to get her more warm water and clean cloth. Then she turned back to me and smiled despite the fatigue in her voice, she said happily, "sí, su alteza. Tú das dos hijos. Ahora, usted debe presionar más. Trate!" (yes, your highness. You are bearing two children. Now, you must push harder. Try!). 

I drew in a couple more deep breaths and prepared myself for another series of pushing. It hurts, really hurts but I knew I must not delay any longer. The lives of my children are at risk. I screamed into my last push just as I heard a loud voice declare, "usted ha hecho. Un niño mayor, empuje Princess" (you have done it. One more child, push Princess). I began to call upon the Lord's name as I pushed harder, forever seemed to pass but soon I heard the cry of a second baby. It was like music to my ears. 

I blinked a couple of times and fell back onto the bed. I've done it, I cannot believe it. I have given Antonio not one but two babies. Our babies. I smiled at that thought and sighed, closing my eyes in progress. "Princesa?" a voice called. I turned my head to look at the physician who was now holding two small bodies in her arms. "Felicidades, tienes un chico guapo y una chica justo" (Congratulations, you have a handsome boy and a fair girl) she revealed in a gentle and proud voice.

My hand flew to my chest, right where my heart was pounding. "Gracias! Gracias Rosa!" (Thank you! Thank you Rosa) I cried gratefully. My arms extended at their own accord, desperate to hold the newborn babies. "Aquí tiene" (Here you go) she said as she slowly and delicately passed my children to me. I gasped with pride when I saw how perfect they were. They were so small and soft. My cheeks began to ache because I was smiling so much. I placed a soft kiss on thier foreheads and craddled them in my arms. 

I heard Rosa telling one of the helpers to inform Antonio and my family. Soon enough, Antonio burst through the doors with antisipation. As our eyes met, the look of adoration and utter awe enveloped his features. "Mi amor" (my love) he said, his voice holding so much emotion. He walked over to my bed and took my hand and placed two kisses on it. Next, he placed a lingering kiss on my forehead and said, "que me has dado el mejor regalo de todos. No uno, sino dos hijos. Son perfectos" (you have given me the greatest gift of all. Not one but two children. They are perfect). :end of Flashback.

 I sighed and slumped down onto the biggest branch. I was in the woods now, since I couldn't be caught in the sun. The trees provided a prefect shade. I touched my dry lips and closed my eyes, I haven't killed anybody in 8 hours now, which was a record. I looked at my phone but nothing had changed, I was getting bored now. Damn John, he is all I can seem to think about, as well as Aaron. I haven't told Aaron yet about the Ripper side of me being out, but I know for a fact that he suspects something. He is a clever boy afterall, the Cullens are treating him well. 

After about an hour, I jumped off the tree and began to wonder around. It was actually a very sunny day in Forks, which was rare and all the trees and flowers looked so vivid and alive. I smiled as I spotted a pretty wild flower, I bent down and smelled it. It had a sweet scent. All of this was reminding me of Leon. I miss my country and due to the weather and other complications, I haven't been there in hundreds of years. I'm also too much of a coward to go and face the people of my land. I wasn't sure if they had any records of my family line and me. If they did have any records that may turn out to be a very bad thing.