Chapter 12 - Natural Enemies

Evelyn's POV

I was greeted by Alpha Logan who said, "hello, Evelyn. Glad you could make it".

I smiled and shook his hand, it was a sign of peace. "Alpha", I said with a nod. Then I turned to the Beta. I also noticed that Aaron was avoiding looking at him. Awkward much. "Hey", I said to Maximus.

"Hello Evelyn. I hope this meeting will clear some bad air", he replied.

I laughed before saying, "it will, don't worry". Christian spoke to me too. I saw that Jonathan was doing the same thing as me as well. Where as Aaron was simply standing there. The Elders were sitting down already and the young Alpha and Beta were sitting near by. Amoung the little party, I recognised one familiar face. "William!" I exclaimed.

William was an Elder, I met him back when me and John saved the pack from the Volturi. Back then he was only a child, and now he was an Elder. How time flys, eh? I have spoken to him when I moved here with Aaron and Jonathan but not as much as I'd like. He was still the same, just wiser. He chuckled, his eyes sparkling. "Ah, how much I have missed you Evelyn", he said.

I grinned and went to his side. I was genuinly happy to see him. I think he's the only werewolf that I actually like. "How are you, Billy?"

"Fit as ever", he commented.

My grin widened. "Of course. Gosh, I was just remembering the time when I first met you", I said.

Billy sat up higher and then answered, "I remember that day too. It's not one that anyone would forget".

"I made quite an impression, didn't I?" I smirked.

"You sure did and you still do now", he said.

I rolled my eyes at him and sat on the floor beside him. I don't care if I was delaying the meeting. I was talking to a great friend. "Oh come on. I wasn't that bad", I said sighing dramatically.

This made him laugh at loud. "Maybe, but it was big for a 10 year old", he answered.

"When you put it like that..." I started with a smirk forming.

Billy held his hand out and I took it. "I'm glad you came back, Evelyn".

I exhaled, looked down, then up before responding. "I am too", I said in a rather hushed tone.

"Miss Ambrosio, if you don't mind we have to start the meeting any time today", a voice broke in.

It irritated me for a split second. It was the arrogent son of the Alpha. I shot him a glare which made the proud look on his face melt away. "Of course, sorry for the delay little Alpha", emphasissing the word 'little'. I stood up, gave Billy a final smile before going to the sit next to Aaron and John.

Alpha Logan stood up, right after Maximus offically declared the starting of the meeting. "You all know why there has been a meeting call today. Unfortunately, earlier today there had been an incident involving Justin and Aaron Ambrosio. I want to find out why it occured", he announced.

Jonathan stood up and said, "I think we need to hear from them both".

"You're right. Justin, you're up. What happened?" Alpha asked.

Justin grudgingly moved in front of us, his head low and it was obvious he was avoiding my eyes. "It all started at the start of lunch. That little bl-....vampire-".

"My name's Aaron", the boy next to me interupted coldly.

"Whatever", Justin hissed.

I didn't stand up but I warned him by saying, "be careful what you say".