Walk Away

We had something good going. A real friendship, but all I came to see is it dying down.

How can something so strong break so easily? It shattered into a million pieces, leaving scars running up and down my heart.

Did I do something wrong? Was there something that we couldn't fix? ...

I can't seem to let go as easily as you seem to be. I've been told that when you love something, you should let it go.

Why would someone do that though?

If you love it, you should keep it as close as possible and never let go.

But even so,

there is a part of me that wants to let you go,

thinking it would make you happier. But even with that I feel obligated to take care of you even when you do fine alone.

I seem to plaster a smile on my face every time I'm around you, but under that lie, I'm hurting inside hoping you won't leave. I know I've stopped falling, but that doesn't mean I stopped caring.

When they say you care so much about me, I find it hard to believe, because from what you know about me who would?

I complain.

I hate what life has to offer.

I look at the worse of things, instead of trying to find the brightside.

I'll understand if you walk away, but please don't walk away without a good-bye.