Better-Than-Granny's Banana Bread

Ingredients:

· 1/2 cups butter; softened

· 1 cup white sugar

· 2 eggs

· 2 pinches of salt

· 1 1/2 cups mashed banana

· 2 cups all-purpose flour

· 1 tsp baking soda

· 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)

· 2 tbsp cocoa powder (optional)

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour bread pan.

2. Cream butter with sugar until smooth. (Should almost resemble whipped cream) Beat in eggs, then bananas. Add flour, baking soda, and nuts/chocolate (if choosing to do so). Stir until combined.

3. Pour mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until toothpick comes out clean. 

4. Remove from pan gently and let cool, or serve while warm.

5. Enjoy.

*I used 3 bananas in my recipe, and if you didn't know, bananas are best in baking when they are over-ripe and the peel starts to turn brown and get spots. Also, if you add the cocoa powder, be sure to balance out the addition of extra dry ingredients with a little extra wet ingredients- like mashed bananas. The bread pan I used was about 9 inches by 5 inches also. Ideally you should store your bread in the fridge to maintain softness.* 

*For EXTRA sweetness, make cream cheese icing and apply a generous layer over the top of the bread before serving, topping with extra nuts (crushed) and mini chocolate chips.*