Chapter 19

Hey guys! (What the frick-a-doo should I call you guys? I still don't have a name for my readers!! Do any of you have any ideas?) Enjoy the pic of my muddy looking dog...maybe she was trying to act like a wolf XD. Sorry for any spelling errors. I usually use my iPad to update, but I'm using my computer, and wattpad doesn't have spell check. Haha, anyway, enjoy the chapter!

.19

| Layla |

I breathed in the crisp spring air - I would be back in plenty of time before the battle, but as of right now, I needed to clear my thoughts. David knew something that I didn't, and although I was anxious to know, I wanted to be alone. It was seldom that I went on walks alone now - there was always someone worrying about me, and I wasn't used to the attention that I received. I had been so used to doing everything myself, that I still did, despite the constant asking of "Luna, what can I do for you?".

I nodded at the guards that surrounded the door, and they glanced back at me cautiously before nodding back. Canis went crazy at the scent of the fresh air, and once out of view of the guards and the house, I tossed my head back, and spun. The leaves slightly moved from the wind, and I smiled, and giggled. The outside air was changing, as it was getting closer and closer to summer. Looking around my surroundings, I took a deep breath, letting all of my inhibitions go. It was almost as if I could take on anything at this moment, although I knew I couldn't.

I had forgotten how much I had missed the outdoors. When I had lived most of my life in it, I didn't think much of it. But it was wonderful to go back to my roots, and view the colors of the leaves, the sound of water, and the feeling of the rough tree bark beneath my hands. My original domicile was the forest, and it always would be. Although I couldn't stay for long, I closed my eyes, feeling the last of the afternoon sunlight beam down on my face. Despite the small feeling of being watched, I looked to the sky once more, before turning around.

The battle would be tonight. This battle, though, would not be the last. There was a much bigger battle to come, one that may even prove to big for all supernaturals. I groaned slightly at the thought of going back to the Pack House at the exact moment, but found myself walking there anyways. The guards who stood outside seemed surprised at my quick exit and entrance which had been only about fifteen minutes, but smiled as I walked into the house. The crowd had cleared, and there was no one to be seen on the ground floor except for Lilliana, and the boy. They were is a quiet conversation, and I didn't want to interrupt.

Walking up the stairs, my feet led me to my bedroom. Out of everything that had happened today, I hadn't payed much attention to myself. I realized that I felt quite tired, and glanced longingly at the bed that sat in my room. Stealing a look at the clock, I felt myself relax; I had plenty of time before we would prepare for battle. I changed into a pair of black yoga shorts, and a tank top, before pulling the thick comforter over my shoulders. I willed my eyes closed, and fell asleep to the reassuring voices that could be heard from downstairs.

☩ ☩ ☩

There was a stiff knocking at the door when I had opened my eyes fully. I didn't know how long it had been going on for, but it sounded quite urgent. I pulled my hair back into a messy bun, and approached to door. Behind it stood a pacing David, who looked slightly...nervous. David never seemed to fear anything, especially Cassias; there was something else on his mind. I would ask him later, after the battle was done, and Morgan was returned home.

"Layla you have ten minutes until we go." David said, his voice hoarse. I widened my eyes in surprise, before looking at the clock. We would attack the cast at midnight, and would get there before midnight. The clock read 11:18, and I put a hand to my head. I hadn't expected to sleep this long. I had only wanted to nap for an hour or two...